Sporter to meters 2.8.2020

Timo

Hi!

I took here Top 4 results of 50 meter Sporter shooted outside range here:

1) Juha Söderholm KAS 744/40X (248/13X, FM 6,247/16X, FM 19,249/11X, FM 2)
2) Tomi Korpi ESF 741/36X (248/12X, FM 8,245/9X, FM 12,248/15X, FM 1)
3) Aappo Korpi ESF 738/30X (248/13X, FM 8,243/10X, FM 5,247/7X, FM 1)
4) Risto Murisoja HaaAS 736/24X (245/6X, FM 7,246/8X, FM 1,245/10X, FM 1)

Mr Tapani Nousiainen gave Juha shoot with his killer Sporter and Juha thanks Tapani with winning the Championship..

Tapani was organizer of the competition and didnt shoot himself.

Many people here have opinion that this Tapanis ownhand made Sporter is the most accuracy 22 LR rifle in this country.

In Lapua Schönebeck test range it was king also.

I have said to Tapani that put 45 X Competition Leopold sometimes on and shoot against LV/HV rf:s

It is killer sporter and Mr Nousiainen is "our Calfee".

BR, Timo

Friend gun fool Timo

Hi!

I took here Top 4 results of 50 meter Sporter shooted outside range here:

1) Juha Söderholm KAS 744/40X (248/13X, FM 6,247/16X, FM 19,249/11X, FM 2)
2) Tomi Korpi ESF 741/36X (248/12X, FM 8,245/9X, FM 12,248/15X, FM 1)
3) Aappo Korpi ESF 738/30X (248/13X, FM 8,243/10X, FM 5,247/7X, FM 1)
4) Risto Murisoja HaaAS 736/24X (245/6X, FM 7,246/8X, FM 1,245/10X, FM 1)

Mr Tapani Nousiainen gave Juha shoot with his killer Sporter and Juha thanks Tapani with winning the Championship..

Tapani was organizer of the competition and didnt shoot himself.

Many people here have opinion that this Tapanis ownhand made Sporter is the most accuracy 22 LR rifle in this country.

In Lapua Schönebeck test range it was king also.

I have said to Tapani that put 45 X Competition Leopold sometimes on and shoot against LV/HV rf:s

It is killer sporter and Mr Nousiainen is "our Calfee".

BR, Timo

Friend gun fool Timo:

Do you have a picture of that sporta?

Your pistol fool friend, BC

PS:

Friend Timo, if you could sit down behind this thing one time, you'd throw your rifles away.....

I'm serious.....there's nothing else like them.....

Attachments

• DSC00107 (2).jpg
    DSC00107 (2).jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 67
Hello!

I have no picture of this Sporter,but can ask from Tapani if he send it to me.

Tapani himself won European Champs & World Cup 2017 with this Sporter.

It has Broughton barrel 0,75 " and action is Stiller 2500 X.

Tapani put it to tuning taking "slice" from muzzle,shoot,taking slice,shoot,and go on.I remember that he said he was afraid that when he goes "over".
He didnt.

Few details I know is that he made 1,3" bushing with thread over the barrel (same as action diameter) and it gives about 0,276 " shoulder.
This is BIG shoulder I think.
He use VERY small torque force to barrel.
Barrel threads are only few (very short) and not sure is there "control faces" both side of thread.

Tapani has magic touch to bedding and I have not exact knowledge his system but it works.

I asked from Juha when he shoot and won with this Sporter "the feelings". He said: "It was easy as haymaking because he has so sharp scythe in his hands".

This ammo Juha shooted was Juhas own Lapua XAct and NOT tested to this Sporter. Looks like it eats near everything.....

BR, Timo

Ps Bill. This case put more firewood to my campfire thinking WHY 0,75 " barrel seems to shoot out EVERY thicker barrels in this country....

Ps 2.I associated benchrest shooting and pigeon hunting here. I have shooting bench beside pea field and using 22 LR.Shooted now over a week and lost only one (not me-:), it was wind as always). My friend says that your system is then ready if put also wind flags there...

It has Broughton barrel 0,75 " and action is Stiller 2500 X.
Tapani put it to tuning taking "slice" from muzzle,shoot,taking slice,shoot,and go on.
I remember that he said he was afraid that when he goes "over".
He didnt.

Thank you Timo,
It must has taken much time to get to this result,... but only the final result is remembered.

Then Mr Tapani must have had a maximal acceptable group size to decide weither it was worth taking one more slice or not.
Do you remember what was the size of this group of reference ?
and the size of the slices ?

Last edited:
I dont know exactly,but when we move 1 cklick from Harrels and maybe lost THE sweet spot.This movement is 0,025 mm.I think it is better take only 0,01 mm "slice" and shoot and go on.....
Very easy to go over when making thisway.Then must deep hole again.

Groups? With best ammo it shoots some 10 shot groups <0,17 " CTC and some VERY little over to 50 meters (from linear guided test bench).
I dont know what size groups it shoots before tuning work.
This take lot of time and customer must be ready to pay if buing thisway "full service" from gunsmith.

And this Sporter has been very consistent now over 4 years.

Bill has done many world class Sporters and can tell better what it takes to get killer one.
I think there are few way to skin a cat....

We take here Broughton barrels "together order" and when making those they have had "good day" in production or someone there in factory loves Finland-:).Or both.

BR, Timo

Ps.Tapani send picture when get this weekends competition over.He said that he must nomally take barrel off from lathe 5-10 times and shoot between when tuning Sporter.
And he has now about 8 miles distance to range (Before it was near).Takes time.

Last edited:
Tapani send picture from his TN sporta "Workhorse". Many people on BR World likes low profile stocks,but Tapani use VERY high profile and it gives possibility to use low rear bags and TN ofcourse use his developed & patented (also US patent) NOTA front rest, it gives possibility to shoot ergonomically head up.
Maybe helps shooters neck and make wind flags reading easier.....
Little different way skin a cat, but works

www.notasmartshooting.com/?v=f0aa03aaca95

BR, Timo

TN Sporter 1.jpg

TN Sporter 2.jpg

Ps.Video of NOTA front rest using there in US:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CaqK6edyIw

Last edited:
Sporter contour

Hello Timo,
Did you get the barrel contoured from the factory or did Mr Tapani contoured it himself ?

All those Broughtons was contoured straight 0,9 " on factory when they came here and then Tapani contoured it himself to Sporter model.

All I know this contouring is one machinists "art". Fluids, lubricants,RPM,"feeding", blade angles, etc.Very easy to ruin the barrel....

Diameter then 0,71". I am not sure of "Sporter tuner" diameter on the muzzle.And not sure is there "bushing" on the barrel muzzle or not.

BR, Timo

Friend gun fool Timo

Hello!

Ps Bill. This case put more firewood to my campfire thinking WHY 0,75 " barrel seems to shoot out EVERY thicker barrels in this country.....

Friend gun fool Timo:

I've known that small diameter barrels will out shoot large diameter barrels for the past 30 years...

This is why I'm so cited about getting these pistols for the masses...

Gun fool Timo, I hope to be calling you "pistol fool Timo" one day, before the World ends...

You ever sit down behind one of these pistols, you'll throw the rifles away....cause they aren't needed.

Timo, these pistols don't back up from no rifles.....nowhere.

An .800" diameter barrel is all that's needed.......anything larger is a waste of steel....

Your pistol fool friend, BC

Attachments

• DSC00107 (2).jpg
    DSC00107 (2).jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC00277 - Copy.jpg
    DSC00277 - Copy.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom