I want it all.......if I can possibly get it.

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
I want it all.......if I can possibly get it.

CYA friends:

Friend Deveng posted a movie clip of a new FF trigger a few days ago.

This has given us a good opportunity to discuss the one issue we have left to deal with, with the Remington pattern triggers we all use in RFBR.

That issue being: The upward pressure exerted on the bottom of the cocking piece by the transfer bar, caused by the reset spring.

The only way I know to completely eliminate this upward pressure, is to make the triggers manual re-set.......thus eliminating the reset spring entirely.

Therefore, like the title of this thread, I want it all..........so I have no issue with using a manual reset trigger, and did up until I stopped competing some years ago.

I was perfectly willing to use a manual reset trigger to try to get it all.

And in the process I discovered they are no hindrance to shooting RFBR competitively......absolutely none.

CYA friends, please consider this:

We have to physically work the breech bolt for each round fired.

And we have to stick a round into the chamber for each round fired.

And most folks I know never complain of having to do these physical tasks for each round fired...

So what could possibly be a hassle about having to flick a reset lever for each round also?

Using a manual reset trigger is no hassle, to any degree.

Having said the above.....

I'm not advocating that trigger makers offer a manual reset version of their triggers.

What I am advocating, is for them to use their engineering expertise to reduce the upward pressure of their auto reset triggers.

Just as Anthony DiOrio is attempting to do with his new trigger.

Your friend, Bill Calfee

If pistol shooters, like Donna Brown, have no issues with using a manual reset trigger, shooting a rifle sitting on a rest would be a piece of cake.

Pic6.jpg

PS:

CYA friends, I've converted a number of triggers to manual reset over the years.

I've never had a shooter call and ask me to change their trigger back to auto reset....

Last edited:
Where is the development of the turbo trigger(s) at right now? I have seen those 3D models posted here of the pistol and rifle versions and I like what I see. I really like the simplicity and the use of the extension spring to reset the trigger.

Also are you doing anything to your experimental trigger in the pistol to get it gunked up faster or just letting it go at normal pace?

Tad

Friend Tad Earhart

Where is the development of the turbo trigger(s) at right now? I have seen those 3D models posted here of the pistol and rifle versions and I like what I see. I really like the simplicity and the use of the extension spring to reset the trigger.

Also are you doing anything to your experimental trigger in the pistol to get it gunked up faster or just letting it go at normal pace?

Tad

Friend Tad Earhart:

Yes, but it's like watching grass grow...

A couple days ago I poured a little Hoppe's 9 in a tiny plastic dish.......just put enough in to barely cover the bottom.....

This way I'm hoping it will gum up slightly, so I can work some down in my trigger...and speed up things.

Tad, a bunch of folks are interested in these pistols......and the new DiOrio triggers, both pistol and rifle versions.

I had a long talk today with Jim Peightal, who's developing a pattern to make center grip stocks from his wood laminates.....

Jim is one of our premier wood stock makers, and he's kinda like me, getting away from being a practicing RFBR schmidt.

But, he's also like me in that he's cited about these pistols........

I see that AD has responded on another thread about where he's at in the development of his new triggers.

Your friend, BC

Back
Top Bottom