Been working on my new 1.000" tenon triple lug salve

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Been working on my new 1.000" tenon triple lug slave

Been working on my new 1.000" tenon triple lug slave

CYA friends:

Been refining my new 1.000" tenon triple lug slave action today....

Why do I need a 1.000" tenoned triple lug slave?

I have a dual lug TCA slave.....but it's dual lug...

The future of rimfire accuracy advancement is the PAS triple....

So I need to have a PAS triple slave.....with a 1.000" tenon...

Here's why:

Below is a picture of some of my slave test barrels.....

These slaves have various chambers in them, with various engraving lengths, etc.

They have various rifling profiles by various barrel makers...

So I need to be able to use these slaves on a PAS triple..................

I now have a PAS triple, with a 1.000" tenon, so I can use these slaves...which I've been refining today.....

Your friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

Here's some of my test slaves.....they are all tenoned for the 1.000" Turbo....

But I must be able to use these slaves on a PAS triple, because that's were we're headed......

So I now have that ability.......I'm cited...bc

Double PS:

Why do I have to make my own 1.000" PAS triple?

Because 10-X, the only viable PAS triple lug action on the market, doesn't....

Even their "so called" current 1.000" tenoned action, is in reality, something on the order of 1.025"..

So none of my 1.000" slaves, or any other schmidts, fit...

So I've had to make one myself.......bc

DSC08359.jpg

Last edited:
Friend Geo

Didn't your dad tell you working on Sunday makes the weeds grow fast and bigger!!

Friend Geo
:

My daddy told me, and I fully agree, that working any day of the week ain't good for a feller......

So I've followed my daddy's advice my entire life....

His greatest saying, which is also mine, was/is, "Why put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until next week."

CYA friends:

I'll have to take some pictures of my slave, 1.000" triple......

Some might think, "Calfee, couldn't you simply modify those slave barrels to fit the longer tenoned 10-X ?"

The answer is, yes, and I have modified several.......

But, why should everyone have to modify all the, no telling how many, 1.000" tenoned barrels that are floating around?

When 10-X could simply produce a 1.000" tenoned triple....

See, there's more to having a 1.000" tenon length than simple liking 1.000" tenon length PAS actions....liking or not liking this length doesn't matter....

Even a 1.000" tenon length is really too long.......since the juncture of the barrel shoulder and action face still wind up in the bore.....

But with a 1.000" length, that juncture is so close to the exit of the leade, that the detrimental affect of over tightening the barrel may not be such a handicap.........( I've often thought that it might actually be beneficial.......although this is absolute pure speculation, and some day I'll explain)

But the further out in the bore that juncture is, there's absolutely no doubt that an over tightened barrel is detrimental to accuracy......

So, we need a true, 1.000" tenoned PAS triple........( like the slave I've been fooling with)

Your friend, Bill Calfee

Last edited:
Cone breech....

Cone breech....

CYA friends:

If you look at the picture of some of my slave barrels below, you'll notice three of them have no extractor slots....

I don't do cone breeches.......for good reasons..........

Anyway, if one for whatever reason, which I personally can't imagine what that would be, must have a cone breech, there's a proper way to do them.

I'm going to machine a proper cone breech on one of these slaves and take some pictured......

Your friend, Bill Calfee

DSC08359.jpg

Back
Top Bottom