Maybe the most important, and impressive, 18 rounds ever fired in RFBR

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Maybe the most important, and impressive, 18 rounds ever fired in RFBR

CYA friends:

First of all, here we're just a couple days from New Year's Eve, and it was 63 degrees at the range, no wind, perfect shooting conditions, and I had an absolute ball playing with my MD-PAS triple pistol.....

Someway, somehow these amazing pistols have to be made available to the masses.....

They're the most unique, fun and citing RFBR guns ever created.

And the whole shebang goes in a canvas bag that I throw behind the truck seat when I'm finished shooting.

No rests to lug around........

And they will run with any rifle on Earth.

Actually, most rifles in RFBR today won't run with them........................

CYA friends, for years I've stated that we have .150" of vertical at 50 yards which is caused by the velocity variation in the ammo we use, that can not be eliminated.

When the muzzle of a Class A RFBR gun is truly stopped, we're still left with this .150" of vertical at the target.

There are no world record targets, anywhere, that do not reflect this .150" of vertical, including Big Dog's record setting targets.

And to boot, there are very few RFBR guns that are capable of consistently bracketing this .150" of vertical......if any at all.

But...........................

Those 18 sighter rounds on Big Dog's 6 record setting targets, I believe, will bracket the .150" of vertical.

What is so mind boggling, is that these first three sighters were fired on 6 different targets.....

I believe these may be the most important, and impressive, 18 rounds ever fired in RFBR competition.

CYA friends, if any of you reading this are thinking, "Calfee, you're making way too much of those 18 sighter rounds".

No, I don't believe so.........

These first 18 sighter rounds were not only fired on 6 different targets, they were fired on two different days.

Even Big Dog realized something unique was happening because of these 18 sighter rounds.

He told me, "Bill, Black Death was hammering, and I knew if I could figure out where to put the cross hair, the dot was gone".

And he said something else that all competitors will understand:

He said he wasn't afraid to look back at the target, after he fired a round, because he knew the dot would be gone, every single time, if he didn't do something silly.

Finally:

It will take some time before we fully understand, and appreciate, what Big Dog and Black Death accomplished two weeks ago at the ARA Indoor Nationals.

The world got a glimpse of what the future holds for rimfire accuracy.

Your friend, who got some relief from his severe case of pistolitis today,

Bill gun fool Calfee

PS:

I need to reiterate something here pertaining to the .150" of vertical, at 50 yards, caused by the velocity variation in our ammo....

Which we have absolutely no control over....( which makes that goofy compensation theory nonsense, well, goofy)

Anyway, this .150" is only in the absolute best lots of ammo.

Last edited:

CYA friends:

Some of you CYA folks have to be thinking:

"Calfee, you're making way too much over these 18 sighter rounds Big Dog fired when he set the ARA Infoor Nationals Record 2416.67".

Yes and no.

To be able to do what Big Dog did with Black Death, everything has to come together at the exact same moment in time.

And yes, it did.

But....................................

Something deeper happened two weeks ago, and these 18 sighters are the "Rosetta Stone" in unlocking the knowledge of that moment in time.

Your friend, BC

Something happened........

CYA friends:

Something happened at the 2019 ARA Indoor Nationals that transcends everything we've learned about advancing rimfire accuracy, these past 30 years.

And it has to do with Big Dog's 18 sighters...........that were stretched over 6 different targets during two days of competition.

Your friend, BC

The Venus Flytrap

Something happened........

CYA friends:

Something happened at the 2019 ARA Indoor Nationals that transcends everything we've learned about advancing rimfire accuracy, these past 30 years.

And it has to do with Big Dog's 18 sighters...........that were stretched over 6 different targets during two days of competition.

Your friend, BC

The Venus Flytrap

CYA friends:

I quote from my above post:

"Something happened at the 2019 ARA Indoor Nationals that transcends everything we've learned about advancing rimfire accuracy, these past 30 years.

And it has to do with Big Dog's 18 sighters...........that were stretched over 6 different targets during two days of competition."

CYA friends, the Venus Flytrap uses the aroma of sweet nectar to attract its victims.......

Big Dog's 18 sighters did the same to him........

But.............................

Big Dog didn't take the bait........

CYA friends, you've got to be thinking:

"Calfee, are you crazy"?

Yes I'm crazy, but, the story of these 18 sighters, and how Big Dog overcame their false information as to when to start on record, that they gave him, is absolutely fascinating.

I'll tell the story shortly....

Your friend, BC

Big Dog and Black Death.jpg

Back
Top Bottom