Lard Oil

Deveng

Hi Bill

With regards Lard Oil for reaming, where do you get yours from or do you blend it up.

It is easy to get pure Lard which is a pasty white mushy solid at room temperature but not a liquid oil.

Is the Lard oil you use cut with anything or had Sulphur added ?

Regards
Graham

Friend Deveng

Hi Bill

With regards Lard Oil for reaming, where do you get yours from or do you blend it up.

It is easy to get pure Lard which is a pasty white mushy solid at room temperature but not a liquid oil.

Regards
Graham

Friend Deveng:

Pfau oil in Jeffersonville, Indiana.

https://www.pfauoil.com/

I use the EWS version........( extra winter strain)

It's simply hog fat that has an additive to help keep it in a liquid form in cold weather.

Even at that, in temps of 50 degrees, or less, it has to be kept warm some way....

Your friend, Bill Calfee

Friend Deveng

Hi Bill

Regards
Graham

Friend Deveng:

The EWS has no sulfur........

It lasts forever.....

Over time it may crystallize, and if it does, when heated to 120 degrees it returns to like new again.

It's the best chambering fluid there is.

I also use it for lapping.

Hog fat has an interesting characteristic.....

It actually migrates under the edge of cutting tools.....

If one looks closely just behind the edge of a tool when cutting, every fluid I've ever used, except hog fat, leaves the work piece dry behind the edge of the cutting tool.

But hog fat migrates under the cutting tool edge.....

Simply amazing stuff.

Your friend, BC

Back
Top Bottom