Congratulations Todd Wooten

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool

Friend Todd:

Congratulations on your 2019, IR-50 Indoor Unlimited National Championship.

Your friend, Bill Calfee

Todd%20Wooten%20PSL%202019%20Kettlefoot%20champ_1.jpg

What barrel?

Friend Todd:

Congratulations on your 2019, IR-50 Indoor Unlimited National Championship.

Your friend, Bill Calfee

What barrel?

CYA gun fool friends:

Todd was shooting a new barrel on SPEC 4 when he won the 2019, IR-50 Indoor Unlimited National Championship Sunday.

(And this was the first match he's shot with it........kinda mind blowing.)

But what barrel?

Rumor has it that it was a 4-groove Muller MI.......

Your friend, BC

What barrel?

CYA gun fool friends:

Todd was shooting a new barrel on SPEC 4 when he won the 2019, IR-50 Indoor Unlimited National Championship Sunday.

But what barrel?

Your friend, BC

Howdy Bill,

First match he’s shot with it......

That’s pretty cool!

Curiosity kills cats and Greg’s, and I actually thought of asking this on another thread a bit earlier and decided against it. However.......

Anybody done any match shooting with that barrel you fit from one action to another some time back? You know the one, it didn’t line up exactly like you wanted and shot killer with headspace a bit more than you wanted but you still wanted the headspace at .043? But firing pin impact was looking problematic with the extractor slot as it originally was....

I’ll quit now. Halfway out of it from painkillers from another surgery, so I’m likely not making sense. Although I will also say this, you keep killing me posting pics of that good looking LBRP rifle on the Canjar threads. Just saying.

Oh, that pic of Merlin is amazing. That paint scheme and the silver of the lettering along with the style of it looks fantastic!

Take care,

Greg

Friend 404tbang

Howdy Bill,

First match he’s shot with it......

That’s pretty cool!

Curiosity kills cats and Greg’s, and I actually thought of asking this on another thread a bit earlier and decided against it. However.......

Anybody done any match shooting with that barrel you fit from one action to another some time back? You know the one, it didn’t line up exactly like you wanted and shot killer with headspace a bit more than you wanted but you still wanted the headspace at .043? But firing pin impact was looking problematic with the extractor slot as it originally was....

I’ll quit now. Halfway out of it from painkillers from another surgery, so I’m likely not making sense. Although I will also say this, you keep killing me posting pics of that good looking LBRP rifle on the Canjar threads. Just saying.

Oh, that pic of Merlin is amazing. That paint scheme and the silver of the lettering along with the style of it looks fantastic!

Take care,

Greg

Friend 404tbang:

Hang in there..........OK....

Everyone is pulling for you.....

Your friend, BC

What barrel?

What barrel?

CYA gun fool friends:

But what barrel?

Your friend, BC

What barrel?

CYA gun fool friends:

But what barrel?

Your friend, BC

Getting this back on the track I accidentally started to move it off of.....I dug around a bit on an older thread and I now doubt my previous theory on which barrel it is.

Bill........is this one of those Muller “mini-ratchet” 4 groove barrels? I still can’t believe you were able to get an accurate picture of the rifling on that barrel a while back. That’s gotta be as MI as it gets!

Take care,

Greg

Friend Bang

Getting this back on the track I accidentally started to move it off of.....I dug around a bit on an older thread and I now doubt my previous theory on which barrel it is.

Bill........is this one of those Muller “mini-ratchet” 4 groove barrels? I still can’t believe you were able to get an accurate picture of the rifling on that barrel a while back. That’s gotta be as MI as it gets!

Take care,

Greg

Friend Bang: ( the ole Hawk calls you Bang)

I don't know what barrel Todd was using on SPEC 4.

Everyone is wanting to know what barrel he was using.......including me.

Your friend, BC

Friend PT

Todd was shooting a .900 straight Muller 4MI

Friend PT:

When I talked to Todd after his championship win, he told me SPEC 4 had a new barrel and the IR Indoor Nationals was the first match he had fired with it.

He said it was a 4-gorrve, but I didn't catch the maker....

Thanks for the info.

PT, I assume Mr Langley fit this 4-MI, and I don't know if John post chamber laps his work, or not.

But, no matter how well we finish the leade of a chamber, or even if we do a post chamber lap, Mother Nature does the finishing.

Well finished chambers, and especially doing a post chamber lap, reduces Mother Nature's work....

But, She still has to do the finishing.

Here's why I bring this up:

With Todd winning the very prestigious IR-50 Unlimited Indoor Nationals, the very first time this new MI was fired in competition......

Can you imagine how stout that MI is going to be when Mother Nature completes Her work!

It's simply mind boggling.....

Your friend, BC

PS:

PT, the two most dominating RFBR barrels in history, at the Big National Events, are of course the Muller 4-MI and Shilen ratchet.....both 4 groove.

But...............................

In my opinion, the future belongs to the Muller corrugated 8.

Because it is the absolute most forgiving trick rifling pattern, when it comes to keeping from being washed out in the breech end from the taper lapping process.

I have seen a bunch of Ratchet's and 4-MI's that were badly washed out in the breech end from the taper lapping.

I have never seen a Muller Corrugated 8 washed out in the breech end.....not a single one.

bc

I'm sorry to intrude on this thread.

I'm sorry to intrude on this thread.

CYA friends:

I apologize for intruding....

But, I just learned about the Bruce Hornstein 250 x 25X target at the 2019, IR-50 Indoor Unlimited Nationals this past week end.

And that it was kicked out with the new DiOrio "Perfect Crescent" firing pin.

I've posted the details on the "Calfee" forum......which are mind blowing, to say the least.

Your friend, BC

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom