FF trigger review

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
FF trigger review

CYA friends:

I finally got to look at a FF trigger to see how it reacts when de-cocking an action.

Jeff Patterson and I did some investigating on the B&A trigger awhile back.

A couple of the B&A's had a firing pin hanging issue, although the triggers would always fire.

And neither Jeff nor I know exactly what the cause was.

We wound up putting the trigger back together and it started working as it should.

Having said the above...

I can tell that I'm de-cocking a B&A trigger, because I can feel the internals working as I do so......even one that's working properly.

And being able to feel the internals working may not have any bearing on accuracy.....

Also, the firing pin delay issue, because the gun always fired, may not have any bearing on accuracy, either.

But either a positive or a negative, I can not feel the internals working when I de-cock the three lever trigger I built for my new MD-PAS triple pistol

When I de-cock my three lever trigger, the cocking piece over rides the transfer bar immediately.......there is absolutely no delay, or resistance, of any kind.

I can also feel the internals working of a Jewel trigger when I de-cock one, so it's not just the B&A.

Now comes the FF trigger.

The FF de-cocks very similar to my three lever pistol trigger.

There's a slight resistance, initially, as the cocking piece over rides the transfer bar, that my 3 lever does not have.

But, I can not feel the internals of the FF working when I de-cock one, same as my 3 lever.

What does this all mean?

Maybe something, or maybe nothing........when it comes to producing ultimate rimfire accuracy.

Your friend, Bill Calfee

Back
Top Bottom