Progress Report

DiOrioMFG

Bill,

Here are some pictures of the bolt parts and trigger housings for the XP project. The shorter bolt assembly in the picture is the standard version. The pictures of the trigger housings are after the first milling operation and are for the rifle trigger version for testing purposes. I'm working on the internal levers this week and will post more pics as soon as I have some of those completed.

Best Regards, Anthony

Attachments

• Housing 1.jpg
    Housing 1.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 508
I'm trying not to get too cited........cough couch.....

I'm trying not to get too cited........cough couch.....

Friend AD:

A dream come true was getting the V-3.......

But a MD-PAS triple pistol on top of that...........I still can't believe this is really happening...

Thank you for the update...

About gumming up the trigger on my new pistol:

I'm now satisfied that it will work as well as any of the other popular triggers in use, when gummed up equally.

Now, one other thing about the simple, three lever trigger design:

And by the way, this is something I never paid much attention to until Jeff Patterson and I started fooling with the B&A issues.

The simple, three lever trigger does not hinder firing pin function, at all.......

And my trigger has the lightest upward pressure of any trigger......it's not even close.....

I'll put it this way:

I could be blindfolded, and could close the breech bolt on an action with a B&A trigger installed, and would know whether the trigger was actually installed in the action, or not.....

What I mean is, blindfolded, if the B&A trigger were installed, and someone else pulled the trigger, I could tell the trigger was in the action, by the feel of the bolt closing.....

Blindfolded, if the B&A trigger were removed, when I closed the breech bolt I could instantly tell the trigger was removed, by the feel of how the bolt closed.

But with the three lever in my new pistol, blindfolded, it would be impossible for me to tell whether the trigger was in the action or not, by closing the breech bolt......with someone pulling the trigger if it were in the action.

I can also tell if my Jewel triggers are in the action, or not, by the feel of how the bolt closes...so it's not just the B&A.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is this:

I can feel the complicated mechanism of the Jewel and B&A triggers when closing the breech bolt to de-cock the action.

I can not feel the simple mechanism of the three lever trigger when I de-cock the action.

AD, these pistols are going to be fantastic.........

Foster Arvin got over a big hurtle at Livonia this past Saturday.......

I believe Foster now sees that these pistols are not just a novelty, but are dead serious RFBR guns that will run with the finest rifles on Earth.

Your cited friend, BC

PS:

One other thing:

These longer XP actions are not going to be used for pistols only, I guarantee we'll start seeing rifles produced using them as well...

Last edited:
XP3DiOrio

I, for one , am quite excited to see the progress on the new pistol action and trigger. Haven’t read anything about the rest of the trigger...trigger, trigger hanger, and trigger bar. Anxious to see complete actions.

Also, any update on the stock? A while back we were shown a really nice CAD drawing of spot on pistol stock...any prototypes made? Is it getting close to production? Are action samples needed before the stock development can progress?

Brian

Last edited:
Friend Bn1

I, for one , am quite excited to see the progress on the new pistol action and trigger. Haven’t read anything about the rest of the trigger...trigger, trigger hanger, and trigger bar. Anxious to see complete actions.

Also, any update on the stock? A while back we were shown a really nice CAD drawing of spot on pistol stock...any prototypes made? Is it getting close to production? Are action samples needed before the stock development can progress?

Brian

Friend Bn1:

I just talked today with Steve Perkins....

He's the individual working on the XP style stock shown in the CAD graphics...

He's working with a gentleman who's also interested in these pistols, who's in the process of machining the XP style stock, shown in the CAD graphics, from a material Steve is furnishing that's, according to Steve, similar to the material bowling balls are made of...

The linkage on my pistol trigger is adjustable, and has four screw heads protruding below the actual linkage itself....

So Steve's going to try to get me one of these stocks, and if my trigger linkage will fit the stock, then there's no question that the linkage for the new DiOrio XP trigger will also fit...

Your friend, BC

If you look closely, you can see the bolt heads in my linkage......if my linkage will clear these new stocks, the DiOrio trigger's will too.

DSC00187.jpg

The factory XP stock is the classic design for a RFBR pistol, although the factory stock itself is not for the masses.....too complicated.

DSC00103.jpg

Friend Bn1, me and you ain't the only folks interested in these new DiOrio MD-PAS triple pistols......

PS:

This is for Anthony DiOrio, if he ever finds time to view this thread:

AD, it's starting to look like returning the third lever with a tension spring located behind the pivot pin, is turning out to be revolutionary.

DSC00187.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom