An amazing video

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
An amazing video

CYA friends:

A few days ago CYA member Deveng posted the below video of a new, super light pull FF trigger.

This movie provides the best visual demonstration I believe I've ever seen, of the issues we have to deal with when using the Remington pattern trigger.

A great number of the 732 pages of my book deal with the issues of producing accuracy with the Remington pattern trigger.

I coined the word "relaxing" to describe what an action must do consistently, to produce accuracy when using the Remington pattern trigger.

This amazing FF trigger movie shows very vividly, the violent contortions of the breech bolt when fired, of an action that uses the Remington pattern trigger.

CYA friends:

The more upward pressure that the trigger's transfer bar puts against the bottom of the cocking piece, the less an action has a chance to "relax".

This is why more work needs to be done by the trigger makers to reduce, or eliminate entirely, this upward pressure.

Any action using the Remington pattern trigger can produce accuracy, if it relaxes consistently round to round.

Your friend, Bill Calfee

The video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxHettzU6uo

Back
Top Bottom