The Turbo and Hall custom RFBR actions.

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool

CYA friends:

The custom Hall SAP ignition RFBR action and the custom Turbo MD-PAS ignition RFBR action came out at about the same time.

Why has the Hall been such a failure, while the Turbo has gone on to dominate the world or rimfire accuracy?

Your friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

The Hall action, when the ignition is properly modified, is as consistent as any SAP ignitioned RFBR action today, except the Falcon.

The Falcon potentially, has the most consistent ignition of any SAP ignition action in the world.

But the question remains, why was the SAP ignition Hall such a failure, while the MD-PAS ignition Turbo went on to dominate rimfire accuracy, and still does today?

Last edited:

CYA friends:

The custom Hall SAP ignition RFBR action and the custom Turbo MD-PAS ignition RFBR action came out at about the same time.

Why has the Hall been such a failure, while the Turbo has gone on to dominate the world or rimfire accuracy?

Your friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

The Hall action, when the ignition is properly modified, is as consistent as any SAP ignitioned RFBR action today, except the Falcon.

The Falcon potentially, has the most consistent ignition of any SAP ignition action in the world.

But the question remains, why was the SAP ignition Hall such a failure, while the MD-PAS ignition Turbo went on to dominate rimfire accuracy, and still does today?

Howdy Bill,
Two rear lockup actions. Same 3/4 inch tenon. Hall appears to be stiffer, I'll leave that to you to let me know if I am wrong.

All things being equal in machining and blueprinting, the only thing left would seem to be ignition. What else could it possibly be?

Take care,

Greg

Friend 404tbang

Howdy Bill,
Two rear lockup actions. Same 3/4 inch tenon. Hall appears to be stiffer, I'll leave that to you to let me know if I am wrong.

All things being equal in machining and blueprinting, the only thing left would seem to be ignition. What else could it possibly be?

Take care,

Greg

Friend 404tbang:

Mr. Hall is a very good machinists, as good as anyone who produces RFBR actions today, or has in the past, referring to Flash Ebert.

The one contrasting difference between Mr. Hall's action and the Turbo action is the ignition system.

I suspect Mr. Hall believes his ignition system to be the finest available.

Greg, both the Turbo and Hall RFBR actions were brought out almost a quarter century ago.

They represent two contrasting ideas about how to produce rimfire ignition.

The Turbo, with momentum dependent PAS ignition, has dominated RFBR shooting this past quarter century, and still does today.

On the other hand, the Hall, with spring dependent SAP ignition, is almost unheard of at the big national events today.

Your friend, BC

Back
Top Bottom