Friend Anthony DiOrio

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Friend Anthony DiOrio

Friend AD and CYA friends:

I've been doing some "torture testing" of the trigger in my new MD-PAS triple pistol.

For the past few times I've shot the pistol, after I clean the bore, I take a small drift and get a drop of Hoppe's on it and place a drop on either side of the transfer bar so it will run down in the trigger, especially around the third lever.

So far the trigger has re-set flawlessly....

Although, it will probably take some time before the Hoppe's gums up enough to affect the re-setting of the trigger.

Right before I put the drops in the trigger, I held the trigger shoe and pushed down on the transfer bar with the drift...

It still felt good and free......

AD, If this third lever return spring will re-set in a gummed up state, at least as well as the B&A, the deed is done.

I had a B&A in the shop a while back that wouldn't work, simply from being gummed up with solvent.

All I did was soak it in lacquer thinner for a couple minutes, then blew it out with air and it when back to working perfect.

I still can't hardly believe I actually have this MD-PAS triple pistol.....

I've dreamed about a Turbo pistol for years and years but figured there were too many obstacles to overcome.......

No longer than I've had this pistol it has become my all time favorite RFBR gun....

Your friend, Bill Calfee

I'm going to continue adding Hoppe's until I get the trigger gummed up to the point it won't re-set...

DSC00288.jpg

Back
Top Bottom