That goofy compensation theory nonsense...

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
That goofy compensation theory nonsense...

CYA friends:

A muzzle device, mistakenly called a "tuner" by some, is used to stop the muzzle of a gun barrel, one time......

Once the muzzle is stopped, the muzzle device has no further function.

With all of the amazing revelations that have taken place with my new MD-PAS triple pistol, one of the most profound, is the complete repudiation of the goofy compensation theory nonsense.

There is no such thing as "compensation".

CYA friends, if a muzzle device worked by compensating for the velocity variation in the ammo, by someway allowing slower rounds to exit the muzzle higher than faster rounds, then a barrel so tuned would only be tuned at a specific yardage.

Yet, when I shot at 110 yards, with my MD setting having the barrel flat lined at 50 yards, the barrel was still flat lined at 110 yards.

I did not touch the MD.

CYA friends, the greatest disservice my good friend Geoffrey Kolbe did to the shooting public, was coming up with his absolutely goofy compensation theory.

Geoffrey is an educated man.

Today, if Geoffrey is truly honest with himself, doesn't believe in his goofy compensation theory.

He's much smarter than that.

Your friend, Bill Calfee

The MD was not moved when I went to 110 yards......and look how flat.....

DSC00280.jpg

Last edited:
Why bother....?

Why bother....?

CYA friends:

Why do I bother with discussing this goofy compensation nonsense?

I've not been a RFBR schmidt in years now...

I stopped competing in big time RFBR over 10 years ago.

So what difference should it make to me what folks believe about barrel vibrations, and how they're controlled with a muzzle device?

It makes a difference for this reason:

I love trying to advance rimfire accuracy more than anything else.

And I know the thrill of owning and shooting a truly accurate RFBR gun, like my new MD-PAS pistol, for instance.

And I also know there are thousands of other folks who crave the same.

This goofy compensation nonsense has cause more folks to waste their time and money fooling with a "tuner", to try to get a faulty shooting RFBR gun to shoot, than addressing the real issues of their inaccuracy problems.

With the sophistication of the materials we have to work with today, if you can't stop the muzzle on a new build in 50 rounds of testing, there's something wrong with your contraption.

Your friend, BC

Why bother....?

[COLOR="#ADD8E6

With the sophistication of the materials we have to work with today, if you can't stop the muzzle on a new build in 50 rounds of testing, there's something wrong with your contraption.

Your friend, BC[/COLOR]

It sure would be nice if you could detail your process to stop a muzzle in 50 rounds of testing.

Friend LWZ

It sure would be nice if you could detail your process to stop a muzzle in 50 rounds of testing.

Friend LWZ:

If we were working with a contraption that wasn't capable of having its muzzle stopped, I could work for a week and spend a half case of ammo and couldn't show you how to stop the muzzle.

Conversely, if we were working with a contraption that was capable of having its muzzle stopped, I'd hand you the box of shells and allow you to show me how to stop a muzzle in 50 rounds.

And you would do it just as easily as me.

It may seem like I'm being kinda serendipitous, but I'm not........it really is that simple if you have a contraption capable of having its muzzle stopped.

Your friend, BC

Back
Top Bottom