Friend Jeff Patterson

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Friend Jeff Patterson

I heard you kicked out an amazing 2500 last evening at Livonia.

I can't wait to see that amazing 2500.

There's pretty 2500's, and there's ugly 2500's.........

And I understand your 2500 was of the "pretty" variety.

Your friend, Bill Calfee

Last edited:
An interesting story

An interesting story

CYA friends:

First of all, congratulations, again, to Jeff Patterson on his pretty 2500.

I just talked to Jeff about his 2500 at Livonia Saturday.

Wally was at the match also, and both described the same shooting conditions.

The match started out with windy conditions, then finally on the last card the conditions went dead.....a Livonia night.

Anyway, because of the wind, Jeff started out with Isaac Newton which uses a Muller trick rifled barrel.

Jeff said that right before the last card started, the conditions simply laid....

So he decided to get out Hoosier Hurricane, which uses a non-trick Muller......

By the way, this non-trick, 4 groove Muller is the same rifling pattern in the Muller that I've been testing over the past couple weeks.

More about these non-trick barrels later.

Anyway, Jeff told me when it's your day, you can't do no wrong.

Jeff had taken a 36 power scope off of the Hurricane and installed a 45 comp.......and had not sighted it in.

So Jeff had to first sight in the comp before he could start his 2500 card.......when it's your day, it's your day.

Anyway, he said on bull 22 he made an incorrect hold, but, when it's your day, it's your day.......

If the bullet had went where he held, he said it would have had to be a 50......

Here's a picture of the Hurricane back when I was testing a MD equipped, Shilen 2nd generation Calfee sporta barrel on it.

SporterprofileonHurricane2.jpg

CYA friends, Jeff went to the non-trick Muller because in calm conditions that thing simply kills it.......

In the wind, yes it will still kill it, but, the shooter has to do the work.

Having said the above, I'm not so sure we're not making a mistake by overlooking these Muller, 4-groove non-trick barrels.

Now.....

I've got a kinda goofy gut feeling about trick barrels, which do buck the wind much better than non-trick barrels, but in the calm?

Your friend, Bill Calfee

Here's Jeff's 2500.

There's probably 19 PSL X's on this card.

Jeff said that fate, the Almighty, or something gave him bull 22.....

20190518_213736-2.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom