I tested a four groove Muller...

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
I tested a four groove Muller...

CYA friends:

I tested a four groove Muller, fit to my new V-3, and in my Jim Peightal stock that was bedded for the action that's on my new Turbo pistol.

I had to make up a little spacer for the tang to recoil against, since the V-3 is slightly shorter in the tang than the 10-X action I'm using for my Turbo pistol.

This Muller is stout.......

It kinda reminds me of the 4-MI Muller I put on TDX years ago......

Actually, it really, really reminds me of it.......

Your friend, Bill Calfee

Last edited:
I tested this Muller again a few minutes ago..

I tested this Muller again a few minutes ago..

CYA friends:

I'm testing this 4-groove Muller, that may be owned one day by a CYankee who lives in a State east of Ohio, and west of New Jersey, and south of New York, and North of Virginia and West Virginia.

I believe this means this CYankee lives in the State of..............

This Muller is bad...................

It is as bad as the Muller 4-MI that I put on TDX

Your friend, BC

This Muller is TDX bad!

DSC00243.jpg

Last edited:
This barrel is not the standard Muller 4-MI

This barrel is not the standard Muller 4-MI

CYA friends:

This barrel I re-tested a couple day ago isn't Dan's standard 4-MI.

Dan calls this his modified 4-MI.

If you could look at an unlapped standard 4-MI, and this one unlapped, here's the difference you'd see.

On a standard 4-MI there's a flat on the top of the lands, then both the driving and following sides of the lands have a french curve, or parabola style configuration.

This modified MI looks like the standard MI, but, with the top of the land twice as wide.

Otherwise it is identical to the standard 4-M.

I lapped this bore myself, the blank was unlapped.

After chambering I also performed a post chamber lap....

CYA friends, don't ever brag on a rimfire.........they'll let you down every time you do...

But, this is one of those barrels that don't throw no shots.......I don't know of a better was to put it.

Your friend, Bill Calfee

As you can see the conditions were great, notice the orange flag on the left in the woods.

DSC00242.jpg

Hey Bill if you need a home for that barrel I have a turbo V-3 that needs a barrel. :D

Last edited:
Friend Brian

Hey Bill if you need a home for that barrel I have a turbo 3V that needs a barrel. :D

Friend Brian:

I have a hard nosed CYankee who I'm trying to make sure this Muller will satisfy.

And "hard nosed" is an understatement........only The Almighty would be harder to please.

Course, this "hard nosed" CYankee is probably the most dominate RFBR shooter since Harry Deneen.

Brian, Jeff Patterson is getting ready to test this Muller for me.

No one on the face of the planet is as thorough when testing, as Jeff.

Since you spoke up, I'll tell you what I'll do:

After Jeff does his testing, if for some reason this "hard nosed" CYankee doesn't want this Muller, you will be welcome to it....

Provided, that Jeff Patterson agrees to fit it to your V-3.......

Because I've already cut extractor slots in this fine Muller.....

Which may take some creative work by Jeff......... which he will do.....

Your friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

Brian, you have to be thinking, if that CYankee, for whatever reason, doesn't want this Muller after Jeff tests it, why would I want it?

I don't have an answer that makes any sense................bc

Last edited:
A picture is worth a thousand words

A picture is worth a thousand words

CYA friends:

Jeff Patterson finally found time in his busy schedule to test my Muller 4 groove, yesterday.

Jeff stopped by and we fit the Muller to "JASPER", Jeff's 10-X based triple with Wilkinson hard copy lugs, Killough FF straight line, B&A etc.

I didn't want to get in Jeff's way as he tested, so I waited as long as I could stand it, then headed to the range.

I got out of the ole truck, with camera in hand, and walked up to the bench and asked Jeff how things were going.

Your cited friend, BC

CYA friends, a picture is worth a thousand words.

DSC00249.jpg

Back
Top Bottom