Mailbox surprise.....

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Mailbox surprise.....

CYA friends:

I went to the mail box today, storming too hard to go yesterday, and I got a surprise.

I ain't the only one anticipating these new V-3 XP pistols actually becoming a reality...

Thank you Todd Earhart......that was very kind of you.

And they work perfect.

Your friend, Bill Calfee

Todd sent me a set of vacuum line caps, which are the perfect hardness of rubber.

The 5/16 size will work on my 5/16" diameter legs, but, the 1/4" size is the absolute perfect fit, not only to the legs, but the Eley ammo trays, too.

Man I'm cited....

Thank you again, Todd.

DSC09986.jpg

Doorman

Glad you found ones that work for you. Its funny because I would of bet you would of used at least a size smaller than leg. I always use a size undersize on automotive. The Doorman company that makes that set is a great automotive parts company. They make alot of parts that are usually dealer only and cool assortment kits like those vaccum caps. We are building a V3 but not a pistol 'Yet'. We're taking notes.
Todd

Friend Todd E

Glad you found ones that work for you. Its funny because I would of bet you would of used at least a size smaller than leg. I always use a size undersize on automotive. The Doorman company that makes that set is a great automotive parts company. They make alot of parts that are usually dealer only and cool assortment kits like those vaccum caps. We are building a V3 but not a pistol 'Yet'. We're taking notes.
Todd

Friend Todd E:

You're right, the size smaller works best....

I've got the 1/4" size on my 5/16" diameter legs....

The 5/16" cups would work, but they are not a very tight fit......

And the 1/4" cups fit the Eley ammo trays better than do the 5/16", to boot.

Thank you again......now we have a source for bi-pod leg feet...

My next operation is to make these legs adjustable.....

I believe I'm going to make the adjustment levers like Jeff Patterson intends to do his...

Instead of me silver brazing a handle on a 1/4" x 20 nut, I'll drill and tap some flat stock and carve the levers from it......

Your friend, BC

DSC09986.jpg

This is the way I've made the adjustment nut and handle for years, but, I'm going to try something different on my new MD-PAS triple pistol.

DSC09439_1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom