HS stock ✔️
Bipod ✔️
XP Rifle Stock (for test)✔️
Shilen ratchet .825 straight diameter✔️
XP trigger all setup✔️
My foot tapping patiently✔️
Left Left Action??

Friend JH:

There's several folks in the same boat as me and you, and Jeff Patterson and Robert Oates and and and................

Every XP shooter has had to shoot a R/R action.......

So I got totally comfortable with it, as did most other folks.

I'm right handed, but the loading port of the XP makes it easy to see the chamber for loading.

Old time pistol shooters are getting ready to experience something new......

My 10-X triple is R/L.........

Am I going to be as comfortable with it as I was with the R/R XP action?

See, I'll be using both hands to load it, whereas I only used my right hand to load the XP action..

It may turn out that a L/L for a right hand shooter might actually be more comfortable.

I know Wally, being a lefty, likes the R/R configuration........so maybe a righty might like the L/L better?

The worse thing about me using the 10-X action is this, if I don't like the R/L configuration I'm stuck, because the 10-X action can't be dual ported.

The H&S Precision will be an excellent stock for this new action.....it's a shame they no longer make them.

Your friend, BC

Friend JH

The Mfg is going to use pins like a Remington action and not a trigger hanger, correct?

Friend JH:

The V-3 will use a trigger hanger.

A rear lock-up rimfire action, either two or three lug, using the Remington pattern trigger, does not have enough room to pin the trigger directly to the action like the XP.

Therefore, the normal rear bedding screw location of the XP can't be used in these actions since the trigger hanger is in the way.

The front bedding screw location in the V-3 XP is identical to the Remington XP.

This is why the rear screw, in the tang, of the V-3 XP action will have to be pillar bedded.

There's plenty of room in the H&S stock to do this.

I've already done it to my XP stock.

The V block in the H&S stock will have to be milled some for the hanger, at the rear.....

I had to remove the floating rear bedding screw bushing in my factory XP stock...

But it has come together perfectly, 10 times better than I first imagined.

Your friend, BC

Yes, the V-3 XP action will use a trigger hanger.

022019%20Turbo%20V3%20XP%20Receiver%20Assembly%20Drawing%20v1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom