Thread: The single most important question in the advancement of rimfire accuracy today.

The single most important question in the advancement of rimfire accuracy today.

The single most important question in the advancement of rimfire accuracy today.

CYA friends:

The single most important question in the advancement of rimfire accuracy today, is this:

How does this new DiOrio V-3 produce TCA Class uniformity of ignition with only 8 pounds of firing pin spring pre-load?

Why?

WHY...................?

WHY...................?

CYA friends:

The beauty of being able to produce TCA Class ignition uniformity with just 8 pounds of firing pin spring pre-load has two added benefits.

1. The firing pin spring life will probably be extended indefinitely.

2. And the ease of cocking these triple lug V-3's becomes the same, or easier, than 90 degree bolt lift actions.

CYA friends, you'd have to personally cycle the V-3 I have to fully comprehend how easy it cocks.

Jeff Patterson was out a few days ago.

I handed him this rifle and asked him to cock it.

As he did his eyes opened wide with shock, and a grin came over his face.

So WHY?

It gets back to the thing I've marveled at from the first day I examined this V-3, how "free" it is.

The days of putting up with hard cocking, short bolt lift actions are over with this new V-3.

How much blueprinting have I done to the V-3 I have?

I altered the trigger hanger to give me .216" of pin fall....

But, the production V-3's will have their trigger hangers modified to do this.

I changed the closing cam lug, from the third lug to the secondary lug.

But, the production V-3's will come with the closing cam on the secondary lug.

I narrowed the firing pin down from .050" width to .033" width.

I believe the production V-3's will come with somewhere between .035" and .040" width.

Blueprinting I have not done:

I have not touched the locking lugs.........

This is the first custom RFBR action I've ever seen that has 100% locking lug contact, and I've seen every brand of custom RFBR action made.

And I've done absolutely nothing to free this V-3 up, like I've had to do with every custom RFBR action I've ever fooled with, and I've fooled with them all.

CYA friends, this is sounding like a broken record I know, but, I simply can't get over how "free' this V-3 is.

This "freeness" allows this action to give TCA Class ignition uniformity, plus indefinite spring life, and the easy cocking of a well broken in 90 degree lift action.

Your friend, BC

You would have to cycle this thing to fully comprehend how easy it cocks......

To produce ignition like this, with just 8 pounds of firing pin spring pre-load, is truly mind blowing.

Last edited by Bill Calfee; 1 Week Ago at 02:51 PM.