I'm in countdown mode...

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
I'm in countdown mode...

CYA friends:

After the call on my answering machine Sunday, advising me that a prototype of a properly executed, hopefully, MD-PAS triple, for the masses, will be to me sometime this week...........I'm in countdown mode.

CYA friends, I'm so nervous that you can't believe.....

If this action is not what I'm hoping for, I'm going to throw in the towel.

Therefore when, if, I receive this new prototype I'm not going to open the package.

I have already contacted Jeff Patterson and advised him that I'll let him know when I receive this new prototype.

When Jeff can get away, he's going to come to the shop and I'm going to let him open the box containing the prototype.

And then we will evaluate this MD-PAS triple prototype together....

I'll take a bunch of pictures that I will post here on CYA...

And, I'll post Jeff's first impressions as well as mine.

I'm a nervous wreck.....

By the way, the only other CYankee near me is Big Dog....

I'd love for Big Dog to be here for this evaluation too.....

Man, I'm a nervous wreck..

Your friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

CYA friends:

Here's what blows my mind about the party doing this new MD-PAS triple:

They know full well if I find something wrong, the world will know about it.

So it blows my mind that this party was willing to attempt this new action.

I'm a nervous wreck...

CYA friends, we "may" finally have the properly executed, MD-PAS triple, for the masses, that we must have to move rimfire accuracy forward.

Last edited:
CYA friends, I'm so nervous that you can't believe.....

If this action is not what I'm hoping for, I'm going to throw in the towel.[/SIZE]

Your friend, Bill Calfee
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

PS:

CYA friends:

Here's what blows my mind about the party doing this new MD-PAS triple:

They know full well if I find something wrong, the world will know about it.

So it blows my mind that this party was willing to attempt this new action.

I'm a nervous wreck...

CYA friends, we "may" finally have the properly executed, MD-PAS triple, for the masses, that we must have to move rimfire accuracy forward.

Howdy Bill,
Something worth pondering...........the action maker is likely as nervous as you. If there are things that can be improved upon, or ideas that can be taken further, talk to the action maker about it. From what you've posted it seems this is too close to being right to go throwing in the towel.

If there's one thing that you've proven in your life it's that you ain't a quitter.

Sometimes it takes some back and forth communication and presenting of ideas to get everything the way it's supposed to be.

Then again, I probably got a little too worried too quickly, you know these things.

I have a feeling this will all work out. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics and reading what you have to say about it.

Take care,

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
Friend 404tbang

Howdy Bill,
Something worth pondering...........the action maker is likely as nervous as you. If there are things that can be improved upon, or ideas that can be taken further, talk to the action maker about it. From what you've posted it seems this is too close to being right to go throwing in the towel.

If there's one thing that you've proven in your life it's that you ain't a quitter.

Sometimes it takes some back and forth communication and presenting of ideas to get everything the way it's supposed to be.

Then again, I probably got a little too worried too quickly, you know these things.

I have a feeling this will all work out. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics and reading what you have to say about it.

Take care,

Greg

Friend 404tbang:

I highlighted your first comment.

The very last thing the party told me the last time we spoke, was if there was anything not right, they would make adjustments.

And I feel they will, if needed.

The reason I'm so cited, is if this new triple is right, it will be the first improvement in RFBR actions since Flash Ebert gave the world of rimfire accuracy his MD-PAS Turbo action 20 years ago.

Greg, if this party does exactly what we talked about several months ago, this new triple will be everything that's good about the Turbo, while leaving off the things that weren't.

Your friend, BC

PS:

There's a bunch more I'd like to say.........but I'd better wait till I actually see this new action.

Bill..

I’m excited to evaluate the new action, we should have one soon.

Anthony has been great to work with on the new 3 lug....He is willing to listen and implement any changes that he feels could benefit this new action. I’m sure he will make any small corrections, if any, that need to be made to the first prototype.

I will have a prototype of the new 3 lug action at the PSL/ARA Nationals if anyone would like to take a look at it.

Bill should hopefully have some pictures up before the Nationals.

Tom

Friend Tom W

Bill..

I’m excited to evaluate the new action, we should have one soon.

Anthony has been great to work with on the new 3 lug....He is willing to listen and implement any changes that he feels could benefit this new action. I’m sure he will make any small corrections, if any, that need to be made to the first prototype.

I will have a prototype of the new 3 lug action at the PSL/ARA Nationals if anyone would like to take a look at it.

Bill should hopefully have some pictures up before the Nationals.

Tom

Friend Tom W:

When I had the initial conversation with Anthony several months ago, I advised him that I wanted nothing for my input, all I was after was getting this action for the future, produced correctly.

I advised Anthony that since you were going to evaluate the initial prototype, that was good enough for me.

I told him there's no one in the business who could evaluate this new action better than you.....so I didn't need to see one.

A couple weeks ago I got a call from Anthony.

He requested I send him a copy of my current FFL, the old one he had was expired.

I said yes, but why?

He said he wanted to send me a prototype also.

So I faxed him a current copy of my FFL.

Tom, Anthony and I had a very warm heart to heart talk, about a lot of things.

Maybe I shouldn't say this, but, I saw a lot of Flash Ebert in him with that conversation.

What I mean by this, is, Flash was completely open minded about his actions, and willing to change if change were warranted.

And over the years he made several changes.

There's absolutely no doubt that Anthony DiOrio is dedicated to producing the finest rimfire accuracy action in the world with his new MD-PAS triple.

And yes, he stated if either you or I find ANY issues, he will take care of them.

Your friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

I didn't expect to get to test a prototype.....

But since it looks like I will see one, Jeff Patterson has agreed to be with me when the box is opened, in case I get so cited I PAS out or something, then he can throw water in my face, or something. ( did you notice that little play on PAS, I slipped in)

Anyway, yes I will take plenty of pictures and post them here on CYA.

Friend Tom W, on March 26, 2014 I saw the future of rimfire accuracy advancement when I tested my proto triple for the first time with that old, oversized, slave Lilja 6 groove.

That old Lilja sat there on that triple and walked the dog like it had never done before...

And I bet I used that old thing on 50 or more actions for the initial testing of new builds.

Man I'm cited......

One last comment:

Tom, I hope this new triple is exactly what we've dreamed of.....as is, and I bet it probably will be.

But, I've already decided if I do find a concern, I'm going to call you and filter it through you.

If we both agree that there's some issue, then I will contact Anthony.

Last edited:
Bill..

You are the one that started the demand for the 3 lug rimfire actions...

Anthony respects the discussions and input you have given him on his new redesigned 3 lug. I’m sure he wanted you to have a prototype to evaluate.

Let me know what you think..

Tom

Back
Top Bottom