If I owned General Lee, here's what I'd do...

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool

CYA friends:

Now, this is just me dreaming.........

A well blueprinted Falcon action has the most uniform ignition of any version of SAP ignition.

It's very easy to determine this, although a little time consuming: Run some 10 round case head penetration tests.

Dreaming:

The first thing I'd do, is get hold of one of the new MD-PAS triple lug actions, as soon as they come out, and evaluate it.

Let's say it evaluates as I expect.

The next thing I'd do, is to pull that ratchet off of General Lee, and examine it for wear, and/or damage.

See, that particular ratchet was made back in the day.

If it shows only minimal wear, and if there's no damage, then I'd fit it to the new MD-PAS triple, after I blueprinted the new action.

The tenon length on General Lee is factory Falcon 1-1/4".....

This is not an issue, since a precision spacer can be produced, so as to fit it to the new MD-PAS triple.

This would have to be done without altering the chamber, or, its engraving length, in any way.

One might have to be a little creative with the new extractor cuts.....or one might get lucky.

The next thing I'd do, would be to fit and bed it into one of the Killough straight line, full fill composites.

I'd want to try to get the stock in gray marbling, or, have a professional paint it in Confederate gray, with CALFEE and General Lee in gold lettering.

And this time I'd want the GENERAL LEE in upper case lettering.......

( By the way, the gentleman for whom I built General Lee didn't have in mind an orange, 69' Dodge Charger)

I'd install, and properly time, a FF or B&A trigger.

Then I'd turn it over to Fred Sears and let him wear the world out with it.

(By the way, he may wind up doing that with General Lee just the way it is now.)

Yes of course I'm just dreaming, since someone else owns General Lee.....

But if it were mine, I'd do it exactly as I described, in a heartbeat.

Your friend, Bill Calfee

DSC05062.jpg

Last edited:
The cosmetic treatment for the stock...

CYA friends:

Now, this is just me dreaming.........

A well blueprinted Falcon action has the most uniform ignition of any version of SAP ignition.

It's very easy to determine this, although a little time consuming: Run some 10 round case head penetration tests.

Dreaming:

The first thing I'd do, is get hold of one of the new MD-PAS triple lug actions, as soon as they come out, and evaluate it.

Let's say it evaluates as I expect.

The next thing I'd do, is to pull that ratchet off of General Lee, and examine it for wear, and/or damage.

See, that particular ratchet was made back in the day.

If it shows only minimal wear, and if there's no damage, then I'd fit it to the new MD-PAS triple, after I blueprinted the new action.

The tenon length on General Lee is factory Falcon 1-1/4".....

This is not an issue, since a precision spacer can be produced, so as to fit it to the new MD-PAS triple.

This would have to be done without altering the chamber, or, its engraving length, in any way.

One might have to be a little creative with the new extractor cuts.....or one might get lucky.

The next thing I'd do, would be to fit and bed it into one of the Killough straight line, full fill composites.

I'd want to try to get the stock in gray marbling, or, have a professional paint it in Confederate gray, with CALFEE and General Lee in gold lettering.

And this time I'd want the GENERAL LEE in upper case lettering.......

( By the way, the gentleman for whom I built General Lee didn't have in mind an orange, 69' Dodge Charger)

I'd install, and properly time, a FF or B&A trigger.

Then I'd turn it over to Fred Sears and let him wear the world out with it.

(By the way, he may wind up doing that with General Lee just the way it is now.)

Yes of course I'm just dreaming, since someone else owns General Lee.....

But if it were mine, I'd do it exactly as I described, in a heartbeat.

Your friend, Bill Calfee

DSC05062.jpg

CYA friends:

Here's the cosmetic treatment I'd do to the Killough full fill stock for my dream General Lee:

I want gold on that Confederate gray.

black%20full%20fill%20Killough%20straight%20line_4.jpg

Actually, the appropriate colors should be mustard and gray........and this is the proper lettering for GENERAL LEE.

black%20full%20fill%20Killough%20straight%20line_5.jpg

You know, a well blueprinted Falcon, like on General Lee, will produce the most uniform SAP ignition possible.

But, if a feller is going to do something, why not get it all......

Again, I'm just dreaming......bc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom