Show time....

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Show time....

CYA friends:

For some reason we can now play movies at Photobucket......

Before they cut this off again, I'm going to share some movies I've made over the years.

There's a bunch, some I've posted in the past and some new that I couldn't up-load because they stopped doing movies at Photobucket a few years ago...

Since we've been discussing pistols lately, this first movie is about them.

This was taken several years ago at Borden.

Big Dog is instructing Scott Sexton on how to shoot his #12 pistol........

Enjoy.

Your friend, Bill Calfee

Click here:

Last edited:
Maybe I spoke too soon.....

Maybe I spoke too soon.....

CYA friends:

Can any of you view this movie?

Your friend, BC

They sent an e-mail explaining their downtime. Apparently during upgrades (I guess videos were one) the contractor messed up their servers and also affected the redundant systems. According to them, nothing should be lost and it shouldn't happen again.

We'll see.

Friend wsmallwood

They sent an e-mail explaining their downtime. Apparently during upgrades (I guess videos were one) the contractor messed up their servers and also affected the redundant systems. According to them, nothing should be lost and it shouldn't happen again.

We'll see.

Friend wsmallwood:

Wally, I just clicked on the movie and it doesn't work for me.

When I posted the movie of me shooting the Mini-Ratchet, I could click on it and it played.

Have you tried to view this movie?

JH says he can see it......

But it doesn't work for me....

Wally, I hope we can view movies here at CYA...

I've got some I've never up-loaded.....

And I found a movie of the first test of the 12,050 PSL record barrel on Raging Inferno......

I'd forgotten I'd taken that movie......

Talk about a piece of RFBR history...

And you talk about an amazing test.........I knew if I got that barrel in the right hands it would kill the world...

Well, I got it in Chuck Morrell's hands, and he killed the world with it.....

No one is going to break that PSL 12,050 record.

There's a big difference between kicking out big numbers on the PSL target, and kicking out big numbers on the the ARA target.

A big difference...

Your friend, BC

Last edited:
yes and no

I can watch the video if I'm using my smartphone.
It will not play on my computer. I turned off the security virus protection, still didn't play.

Jeff Patterson

Further feedback

I should say, after reading Jeff’s post, I usually am on my iPad when looking at this forum. The movie function works fine on the iPad.
Jerry

Thank you for the feed back

CYA friends:

Thank you for the feed back..

Well, I don't know what to do about trying to show more movies.

The other day when I clicked on the Mini-Ratchet movie at Photobucket, I was shocked that it played.

So I started a thread and posted it....

And, I could click on the post using my computer, and it played fine....

So I thought all was well.....

But, something's still not right....I guess.

Back when I built Raging Inferno, Dan Muller and Paul Tolvstad were still part of Rock Creek Barrels, a cut rifled barrel maker.

But, Dan and Paul wanted to get into button rifled barrels.....I'm sorry, but cut rifled barrels just don't work like button rifled barrels for waxed, lead bullets........cut rifled barrels are great for jacketed bullet accuracy.

Anyway, I ran the first test on this new Rock Creek Muller 4-MI.......and took a movie.

And what a shocker....

The movie itself is terrible....it was dark when I finished....

But I did something on that first test that was simply mind blowing.....

I could tell you about it, but you really need to see the movie to fully comprehend the magnitude....

CYA friends, when I finished that first test, I knew if I could get that barrel in the right hands, world records were going to fall.

I did and the records fell....

Hopefully Wally can figure a way to get these movies to work again.

Thanks again for the input..

Your friend, BC

PS:

I just thought of something....

It was dark when I took the movie, so the target is lit by a flashlight only.......and the quality is very poor, although you can tell what happened.

If Wally can't get movies to play, if I can make that movie play again, I will take a picture off the computer screen and post it..

Although, to get the full effect, you need to see the actual movie.....

And one other thing....

I have all my movies and pictures backed up from back when I first started using a computer...

But for a 2-1/2 year period about the time I did Raging Inferno....

That 2-1/2 year period is not backed up......the computer broke before I transferred my stuff to CD's.....

So as far as I know, the only copy of that movie, and several more from that period, are the ones at Photobucket...

Last edited:
Movie idea

Hi Bill

How about upload it to U Tube and put a link address.
You can do this as well a the photo bucket thing so if one does not work the other way might.

Regards
Graham

CYA friends:

Thank you for the feed back..

Well, I don't know what to do about trying to show more movies.

The other day when I clicked on the Mini-Ratchet movie at Photobucket, I was shocked that it played.

So I started a thread and posted it....

And, I could click on the post using my computer, and it played fine....

So I thought all was well.....

But, something's still not right....I guess.

Back when I built Raging Inferno, Dan Muller and Paul Tolvstad were still part of Rock Creek Barrels, a cut rifled barrel maker.

But, Dan and Paul wanted to get into button rifled barrels.....I'm sorry, but cut rifled barrels just don't work like button rifled barrels for waxed, lead bullets........cut rifled barrels are great for jacketed bullet accuracy.

Anyway, I ran the first test on this new Rock Creek Muller 4-MI.......and took a movie.

And what a shocker....

The movie itself is terrible....it was dark when I finished....

But I did something on that first test that was simply mind blowing.....

I could tell you about it, but you really need to see the movie to fully comprehend the magnitude....

CYA friends, when I finished that first test, I knew if I could get that barrel in the right hands, world records were going to fall.

I did and the records fell....

Hopefully Wally can figure a way to get these movies to work again.

Thanks again for the input..

Your friend, BC

PS:

I just thought of something....

It was dark when I took the movie, so the target is lit by a flashlight only.......and the quality is very poor, although you can tell what happened.

If Wally can't get movies to play, if I can make that movie play again, I will take a picture off the computer screen and post it..

Although, to get the full effect, you need to see the actual movie.....

And one other thing....

I have all my movies and pictures backed up from back when I first started using a computer...

But for a 2-1/2 year period about the time I did Raging Inferno....

That 2-1/2 year period is not backed up......the computer broke before I transferred my stuff to CD's.....

So as far as I know, the only copy of that movie, and several more from that period, are the ones at Photobucket...

Bill,

I can see it on my Ipad or a new laptop I have but not this computer. Must be an upgrade. I'll check into it when I have time.

Friends wsmallwood and Deveng

Bill,

I can see it on my Ipad or a new laptop I have but not this computer. Must be an upgrade. I'll check into it when I have time.

Friends wsmallwood and Deveng:

If I log in to Photobucket I can view the movies.

I have 298 movies up there.

A bunch of them have to do with the beginning of the Dan Muller MI barrel history.

That period of time, or at least a great deal of it, was not backed up before my computer died.

So the only record I have is at Photobucket....

Even if I got into YouTube, I would have no way to move the movies to it from Photobucket.

So many folks have smart phones now.......I don't.....

I wonder if it would be worth putting some of those movies here on CYA, even if only the folks with smart phones can view them?

Since I can now view the movies again, I've been looking at some of them.

I found a second movie of the Muller mini-ratchet barrel.

I originally fit it to my MD-PAS triple lug slave action, when I shot group #4 in the movie I posted a couple days ago.

But I also screwed that little mini ratchet into my left bolt/right post E Turbo, and shot it.....

I had to use a precision spacer to do this....

What's interesting about this 2nd mini-ratchet movie, are the comments I make........how bad that little thing was.....

And now it's winning matches......

And the movie about the barrel on Raging Inferno:

It's a terrible movie, quality wise, cause it was taken after dark, by flashlight...

And I could take a picture of the test target, by stopping the movie and taking a picture off my computer screen, and tell folks what my comments were at the time, but it would not be like seeing and hearing them in person.

To fully appreciate what that movie represents, folks will have to hear my comments from that time, on the movie.

They are mind blowing.......

What's so kool about those comments, and that first test target, it the fact that that barrel went on to set the PSL 12,050 record.

And when folks see the movie, and hear my comments, they'll understand how that barrel could have kicked out that 12,050 PSL record.

And then the two movies where I was testing a new sporta, my last ever, and kicked out those first four rounds, through the scope movie, of a group, then walked down and viewed the group, then a few days later put the group back up and, doing a second through the scope movie, shot a 5th round in that same group......

By the way, that last sporta may be the most accurate I've ever build.......it is fully in the league with TD JUNIOR....

I wish Tony Harper could shoot that sporta, just one time.....

Your friend, BC

So on this machine, if I click a video, the link will take me to Photobucket and there is an option to download. If I do that it will take a few seconds to buffer then play on Windows Media player. Plays very well in fact. On a newer machine and an iPad it just plays. There's either an upgrade or something that needs to be toggled to get it to do it automatically.

Thank you Wally...

So on this machine, if I click a video, the link will take me to Photobucket and there is an option to download. If I do that it will take a few seconds to buffer then play on Windows Media player. Plays very well in fact. On a newer machine and an iPad it just plays. There's either an upgrade or something that needs to be toggled to get it to do it automatically.

Thank you Wally.

CYA friends:

I followed Wally's instructions.

Click on this below and see if it plays?

Your friend, BC

By the way, if this does play, I guarantee it will bring a tear to the eyes of Az_Speed....

This is me shooting my ( his) #4 pistol......which was stolen....

Click below:

http://s245.photobucket.com/user/wsmallwood/media/MOV07084.mp4.html?sort=2&o=1634

PS:

This should be the movie of Jeff Patterson shooting #4..

http://s245.photobucket.com/user/wsmallwood/media/MOV06890.mp4.html?sort=2&o=1561

A comment: If the movie plays for you, you'll notice at the end I try to show the group by putting the camera up to the scope..

It does not work without the camera being on zoom, and my old camera won't zoom while it's taking a movie...

I would have had to turn the camera off and start another movie with it on zoom...bc

Last edited:
Wally, HELP......

Wally, HELP......

Wally:

Earlier today I posted two movies of the #4 pistol.......in the last post on this thread.

I clicked on them and they both worked perfect......several times...

I figured the problem was cured...

I've been working in the shop today.

I came in just now and clicked on the two movies...

Now they don't work?

Help.

Your friend, BC

Wally, HELP......

Wally:

Earlier today I posted two movies of the #4 pistol.......in the last post on this thread.

I clicked on them and they both worked perfect......several times...

I figured the problem was cured...

I've been working in the shop today.

I came in just now and clicked on the two movies...

Now they don't work?

Help.

Your friend, BC

I think the way it's meant to work right now is through Windows Media Player. By the time a regular video buffers one will be downloaded to Media Player and there is no buffering. The sound and video quality are better too. It takes a minute or two to load them but if someone can't wait that long they don't really want to see them anyway.

Back
Top Bottom