Thread: Just show up and shoot, by gawd.......

Just show up and shoot, by gawd.......

"Just show up and shoot", by gawd.......

CYA friends:

By gawd, "just show up and shoot!"

Isn't that a pretty way to invite someone to a RFBR match.

Your friend, Bill Calfee
    Last edited by Bill Calfee; 1 Week Ago at 09:04 PM.

Most pleasant indeed. Bill, I have a question for you that's been weighing on my mind as I read the exiting history of ARA. I recall when you showed up at Wilmore with your first MD's. Now I'm not saying that's where they were introduced, just that that's where I first saw them and I think it mid 1993 or so. I recall the story behind it and I've heard that directly from you many times, not second handed. As a matter of fact, a friend of mine wrote it down as he heard it and he showed it to me a few days ago. I actually thought I had simply gotten the facts mixed up but there it was mostly as I recalled it. It said that you were in your truck and looking at the antenna vibrating "somewhere driving down the road". It goes on to say how you saw the vibrations etc and what came to your mind. It even goes on to say you were so smitten with it that you forgot where you were you where or where you where going (not at the time I assume), and at a later date I think you did say where you were.

Now that was many years ago and as I said I assumed I had simply mixed up what you said, but there it was written down and well worn. Is that the way it was or were you actually on your way back from Texas as the official history would have it? Also, there seems to be an indication that you were driving a blue truck. I don't recall the blue truck at all so I may just be mixed up. You had a black truck the first time I met you which was in, as I recall, 1992. There were seven of us who came to a BR-50 match the month after the nationals. Now I don't know where that match was but was always under the impression it was in Wilmore, which fits the time line of the first MDs. I admit I could be mixed up because I didn't see what the big deal with the MD was at the time like a lot of people seemed to so it was not something that was engraved in my brain at the time. . But the '92 BR-50 National may have been in Texas. I didn't go to my first one until 1997.

Can you shed some light on that?
    Last edited by wsmallwood; 1 Week Ago at 10:00 PM.

Most pleasant indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by wsmallwood View Post
    Most pleasant indeed. Bill, I have a question for you that's been weighing on my mind as I read the exiting history of ARA. I recall when you showed up at Wilmore with your first MD's. Now I'm not saying that's where they were introduced, just that that's where I first saw them and I think it mid 1993 or so. I recall the story behind it and I've heard that directly from you many times, not second handed. As a matter of fact, a friend of mine wrote it down as he heard it and he showed it to me a few days ago. I actually thought I had simply gotten the facts mixed up but there it was mostly as I recalled it. It said that you were in your truck and looking at the antenna vibrating "somewhere driving down the road". It goes on to say how you saw the vibrations etc and what came to your mind. It even goes on to say you were so smitten with it that you forgot where you were you where or where you where going (not at the time I assume), and at a later date I think you did say where you were.

Now that was many years ago and as I said I assumed I had simply mixed up what you said, but there it was written down and well worn. Is that the way it was or were you actually on your way back from Texas as the official history would have it? Also, there seems to be an indication that you were driving a blue truck. I don't recall the blue truck at all so I may just be mixed up. You had a black truck the first time I met you which was in, as I recall, 1992. There were seven of us who came to a BR-50 match the month after the nationals. Now I don't know where that match was but was always under the impression it was in Wilmore, which fits the time line of the first MDs. I admit I could be mixed up because I didn't see what the big deal with the MD was at the time like a lot of people seemed to so it was not something that was engraved in my brain at the time. . But the '92 BR-50 National may have been in Texas. I didn't go to my first one until 1997.

Can you shed some light on that?

Friend wsmallwood:

Yes, most pleasant indeed....

"Just show up and shoot", by gawd!

Wally, isn't that a pretty way to invite shooters to a RFBR contest.

No wonder attendance at Big Time RFBR events is declining....

Your friend, BC

PS:

CYA friends, I understand Mary Stark is now posting on the private portion of CYA.

Everyone in Big Time RFBR wants to know Mary's thoughts, as to how she was able to cover one of ARA's #1 traveling men, and Mr. Jerry Stiller's #1 SAP ignition shooter...with a pistol........at Buck Creek last Saturday...

bc

Last edited by Bill Calfee; 1 Week Ago at 11:03 PM.