Thread: New thread on 93 results

New thread on 93 results

Bill
    Lots of names on there of old friends. But there is one individual I wish when you have a moment to expand
    on the story of the guy from France! Has to be a story there and he shot an XP!
    Jerry Halcomb

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Halcomb View Post
    Bill
    Lots of names on there of old friends. But there is one individual I wish when you have a moment to expand
    on the story of the guy from France! Has to be a story there and he shot an XP!
    Jerry Halcomb

Friend JH:

Pierre Holzacker was a retired Air France pilot, so his English was excellent.

He wanted a pistol......

So I produced one for him and carried it to the 93' BR-50 Nationals in Houston.......

He flew over for the match, and finished in the top 20.......

That was his first BR-50 match ever, and he did it with a pistol....

I then carried his pistol home, then shipped it to him in France......which by the way was a hassle......

I could have shipped him an atomic bomb with much less paperwork than for that XP....

He was a wonderful guy and we ate together two or three times...

He told me his favorite reason for coming to America was the food..........because of all the fat we cook with..

He loved biscuits and gravy........couldn't get enough of it.....

And steak and eggs with gravy all over it.....and fired potatoes......with gravy all over them...

He passed away a few years back.....

Here's a picture......

By the way, no MD.......yet......I made him one when I got back home and shipped it to him in early 94'

The 93' Nationals were in October....

Your friend, BC

For a guy that had never shot a match, Pierre did right well with his pistol, top 20...

I liked the State of Texas

I liked the State of Texas

CYA friends:

I had never been in the State of Texas until I went to the BR-50 Nationals back in 93'.

I was anticipating Cowboys and Indians and tumble weeds..........

I left Texarkana early one morning and headed down Hwy 59, I believe it was....East Texas....

I thought I was in Georgia all the way to Houston......red clay and pine trees...

Never saw a Cowboy, Indian or a single tumble weed....

But I liked the place..........very independent and proud people......I liked some of the road signs, " DWI, you can't afford it"...surrounded by the shape of the State of Texas....

Anyway, right as I left Texarkana I fell in behind a guy in a flat bed, tractor trailer........empty as I remember....

And I noticed when we got out in the country this guy turned that rig lose.......80 and more...

So I figures he's got radar and I didn't, so I decided to stay right behind him....

At first he probably figured I was after him, or something, but after a while he knew what I was up to.....

Hwy 59 was four lane, divided, but not limited access, so we had to slow down for small towns and crossroads....

At one point about half way to Houston he made a red light and I couldn't...........

But the guy slowed way down and waited for me to catch up........can you imagine......

Anyway, just north of Houston my road went left and his veered off to the west..........

As he made his long turn onto the exit ramp, he blew his horn a couple of long blasts......and waved.....

So did I...........

I always thought I'd like to go back to Texas one day......but that most likely won't happen......

I liked the place.....

Your friend, BC

The world of accuracy changed soon after the 93' BR-50 Nationals.......

I introduced my muzzle device to the world of accuracy soon after......

It took me until December of 1994 to get the story of my muzzle devices published in Precision Shooting Magazine...

And the rest is history........

Here's myself, Pierre in the middle and Jim Williams on the right at the 93' Nationals....

You can tell by this picture that Pierre just had a big ole, double order of biscuits and gravy.....man he loved American food...

Last edited by Bill Calfee; 06-13-2018 at 04:38 PM.