Once you've had 27 inches, you can never go back.

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Once you've had 27 inches, you can never go back.

CYA friends:

Once you've experienced 27 inches, you can never go back.

The single greatest pure rimfire accuracy accomplishment in the history of rimfire accuracy, is Chuck "Raging Inferno" Morrell's PSL 12,050.

I don't believe we'll ever see Chuck's PSL record broken.....

And as everyone knows, Chuck kicked out that Halcyon accomplishment with a 27 inch Muller MI.....

I spent this day fitting a third Muller to my spearment.....

This one is a full on, old school, traditional rifled 4-groove....

And here's the biggie:

It is 27 inches long...................................

CYA friends, once you've experienced 27 inches, you simply can not go back...

Man I'm cited, cause if the World don't end, I'll be running the first test tomorrow....

Your cited friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

I'm embarrassed..........

CYA friends, so many years ago that I've lost track now, I promised Hawkeye Wizard, who is left handed, that when I finished my left bolt, right port Turbo, Hawkeye could have the first shot at it....

I mean, that's been 7 years ago.......

So today, when I was threading this third Muller for my spearment, I made double sure that it would fit my left bolt Turbo...

For my friend Hawkeye, I'm sure after all these years you wouldn't want this Turbo.......

But, even though it has been so long, if this third Muller shoots on my spearment, I'm also going to test it on my left bolt Turbo...

I know this is silly..............BC

Last edited:
Rimfire accuracy advancement is starting to stagnate.

Rimfire accuracy advancement is starting to stagnate.

CYA friends:

I had to get up to pee-pee, so I thought I'd share some of my thoughts as I was laying in bed thinking, a while ago.

First of all, I'm cited bout this new 27 incher.....

I've already chambered it, and the chamber, again, turned out absolutely, perfectly centered.....and yes there's luck involved....

I've not come to final engraving length yet, nor finished the chamber, nor crowned it...

But if all goes well tomorrow, I'll be running the first test sometime tomorrow afternoon/evening.

If all does go well tomorrow, I'll have three Muller's fit to my spearment......

All three of these Muller's have been taper lapped...........and all three have the rifling at the breech end, in as pristine condition as the rifling at the muzzle end.

Rimfire accuracy advancement is beginning to stagnate........

There was a time in my RFBR schmidt career that I could have prevented it.............

But I can't do it any longer.....

It is going to completely stagnate............and it has begun.

I got to thinking about cut rifled rimfire barrels, and why they simply are not competitive in Big Time RFBR, while I was laying there in bed....thinking about having to get up to pee-pee...

Below is a picture of me machining the threads on a cut rifled rimfire barrel back 2004'...

This picture gives part of the reason as to why cut rifled rimfire barrels are not competitive in Big Time RFBR.

I mean, the bullet don't know whether the rifling is cut or buttoned....oh, but a lead bullet do....yes it do.

I'm going to hit the sack for a couple more hours, then I'm going to finish this new 27 incher.....

Your friend, BC

DSC00541.jpg

Back
Top Bottom