I'm taking a break for a moment from my ultimate SAP RFBR build..

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
I'm taking a break for a moment from my ultimate SAP RFBR build..

CYA friends:

It's difficult for me to imagine that there are custom RFBR action makers, who continue producing SAP ignitioned actions.

I'm sorry, but I can't imagine being a RFBR action maker, and expecting serious RFBR competitors to keep using my SAP ignition actions.

Can any of you CYankess contemplate, for a second, starting a new build with a SAP ignition RFBR action?

No, that's impossible.

We must have a properly executed, MD-PAS ignition triple, for the masses.

Because no form of SAP rimfire ignition is remotely competitive.

I'll get back to my ultimate SAP ignition RFBR build shortly....

Your friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

Would anyone in big time RFBR today, who dreams of kicking out 2400+ aggs like the Chuckster and Big Dog did 10 days ago at the Barn, seriously consider starting a new RFBR build with a SAP ignition action?

The answer is No.........no one on this planet is that naive......no one....bc

Last edited:
Does uniform rimfire ignition really matter?

CYA friends:

Over the years I've written more on the subject of rimfire ignition than almost any other subject, except maybe my muzzle devices.

And for good reason.

Uniform ignition does matter.

The spectrum of rimfire ignition uniformity:

There's a way to accurately test rimfire ignition uniformity, my 10 round case head penetration test.

If the various rimfire ignition systems were tested and charted on a graph, the line would start at the low end of uniformity, with the spring dependent SAP ignition system, then end at the high end of ignition uniformity, the Momentum Dependent, PAS system.

At the low end of the ignition uniformity chart we have a RFBR action that is as well machined as any RFBR action on the face of the earth.

This exceptionally well machined RFBR action uses spring dependent, SAP ignition.

If rimfire ignition didn't matter, why don't we see more Hall actioned RFBR guns winning the Big Nationals?

The Hall is as well made as any RFBR action on earth, yet they simply are not competitive with their spring dependent, SAP ignition.

Between the Hall at the low end of the ignition uniformity chart and MD-PAS at the high end we have all the other forms of SAP rimfire ignition.

When you review the history of the Big Nationals over the 20 years since Flash Ebert gave the world MD-PAS ignition, the winning percentages of the various rimfire ignition systems follow the exact same chart line.

It's the reason Big Dog and the Chuckster were able to kick out back-to-back 2400+, 6 card aggs less than two weeks ago at the Barn.

It's the reason Chuck "Raging Inferno" Morrell was able to kick out his earth shattering PSL 12,050......

In the brief history of IR-50 10-SHOT, all three major indoor tournaments have been won with MD-PAS ignitioned guns.

Your friend, BC

PS:

Would anyone in big time RFBR today, who dreams of kicking out 2400+ aggs like the Chuckster and Big Dog did 10 days ago at the Barn, seriously consider starting a new RFBR build with a SAP ignition action?

The answer is No.........no one on this planet is that naive......no one....

Rimfire ignition, the difference between winning and losing the Big Nationals

Rimfire ignition, the difference between winning and losing the Big Nationals

CYA friends:

It's a pretty day here in Borden, and I've just chambered a spearmental Muller barrel that I'm fitting to my triple lug spearment..the one I sent to the Barn a while ago....that Robert Oates kicked out that amazing PSL card with the first time he shot it, with borrowed Lapua ammo.

Anyway, hopefully I'll get this spearmental Muller ready to test tomorrow.....weather permitting...

In the meantime, we must have a MD-PAS ignition triple for the masses....

Because SAP rimfire ignition simply is not competitive in today's world of big time RFBR...

CYA friends, below is a chart....

When one looks at the Big National results since Flash Ebert gave the world his MD-PAS ignition Turbo action 20 years ago, the percentage of wins for MD-PAS ignition exactly parallels the uniformity of the various ignition systems.

The Turbo MD-PAS ignition has dominated these last 20 years of Big Nationals.

The various SAP ignition systems have occasionally won Big Nationals according to their ability to produce uniform ignition.

Your friend, BC

DSC04619%20-%20Copy%202_1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom