Our boys in Germany

Timo

Few our top shooters made a trip to Lapua Schönebeck looking new ammo to season 2018.

On their trip they take part I.R.50/50 competition there in Germany.

Mr Tapani Nousiainen won LV with result 750/55 X.He won also HV with result 748/55 X.Tapani said he made 1 mistake on HV and it was 8....

They shoot to meters and Tapani used DiOrgs Turbo V-1.Irons are totally from DiOrgs hands.Tapani made stock and bedding work to this RF himself.

Tapani shooted with Lapua XAct ammo.

BR, Timo

Friend Timo

Friend Timo

Friend Timo:

Congratulations to Tapani Nousiainen for his fine work.

Timo, you're one of the pioneers of RFBR in your part of the world.

You and the folks around you are serious about advancing the level of rimfire accuracy, just like we are here at CYA.

Therefore, you folks might consider trying some 10-SHOT events.

This new 10-SHOT discipline gives a very accurate picture of the "true accuracy level" of shooters and their equipment.

10-SHOT shows each RFBR competitor, precisely, at what accuracy level they and their equipment are at.

And a lot of RFBR competitors are finding out they have work to do, sometimes a lot of work to do after shooting some 10-SHOT

Your friend, BC

Last edited:
not only iron...

To all of us, that shoot BR at high level, these type of results are much more than gear.

We should start to exalt much more the shooter and less the rig.

Yes material is important, but majority of rifles outshoot us, mortals...

So scores like the ones posted here are not for all of us mortals... even with the best the Gods could provide us!

So, to me, when I see those results, I say... Man what great shooters they are!!

Find results here:

http://br50.com/BR50/Xanten_2018/2018-02-24-BR50-Niederrhein-Cup-in-Xanten-Ergebnisliste.pdf

It was inside range but no heating.There was 4 degrees Celcius (39 F).

On year 2012 level was here something 244-247 / card and people were happy about 15 X /card.

5 years now we have got knowledge from Bill & few others from "RFBR Motherland" USA.

Lot of team work behind and developing also other equipments than RF. wind reading equipments, rests etc.

Now we have reached European level,but "have few X more work to USA level" -:).

Here is one secret (Dont tell everybody):

www.nousicor.com/

BR, Timo

Friend PedroS

To all of us, that shoot BR at high level, these type of results are much more than gear.

So scores like the ones posted here are not for all of us mortals... even with the best the Gods could provide us!

So, to me, when I see those results, I say... Man what great shooters they are!!

Friend PedroS:

I agree with you, the CYankees are the greatest RFBR shooters in the world, and they've won all of the 10-SHOT events to date.

No non-CYankee shooter has even been close in these 10-SHOT events.

Your friend, BC

Friend PedroS

Friend PedroS:

The CYankees have won all three 10-SHOT events, and all three Triple Deuces events, the Indoor Triple Crown.

Could it just be a coincidence, that all 6 of these CYankee wins were with MD-PAS ignitioned guns?

Friend PedroS, could the CYankees have won those 6 major events with SAP ignitioned guns?

The answer is, no.

And the CYankees, themselves, will confirm that.

Your friend, BC

PS:

There's a few things left in this world that simply will never happen......that are total impossibilities.

One of those impossibilities, is a CYankee starting a new build with a SAP ignition RFBR action.

I want to add something to this post.

The CYankees are such talented shooters, that, if they had been using SAP ignitioned guns they may have won some percent of those 6 major events.

But, there's not a CYankee anywhere that believes they could have won all 6 of those major events.

And it would be "almost" impossible for them to have won any of the 10-SHOT events.

There were some "extremely talented" SAP ignition shooters at those three 10-SHOT events, and they couldn't come close.

Last edited:
Bill!

Constant ignition strike is important,without a doubt.

RF ammo makers try to make case hardness constant,but they cant make cases 100 % same hardness.

Constant strike maybe gives more constant ignition to primer mass,but also changing firing pins strike force gives different vibration to barrel (shot from shot).

We are talking so small differences when measuring group sizes with different systems and thats why there are many opinions which is better.

Good gunsmith needs "watchmakers attitude".Too many of them dont have "professional pride" to make things perfect.

Ofcourse money talks thisway that if it needs 100 hours to get things perfect , working costs are 3000 USD/EUR or so.

Thats why on CFBR side we see more and more text on equipment list (gunsmith column) "SELF".

I admire old Valmet RF gunsmiths on 50s & 60s.They made PAS ignitions,handlapped barrels perfect etc.They have REAL professional pride.

I put picture of Valmet RF test target from year 1963.

BR, Timo

suomen_leijona_tarkastuskortti.jpg

Intresting detail of the picture : Test shooters last name is Lilja.Not very common last name in Finland.Relative to barrelmaker Lilja in USA???

BR, Timo

Opinions?

Bill!

Constant ignition strike is important,without a doubt.

RF ammo makers try to make case hardness constant,but they cant make cases 100 % same hardness.

Constant strike maybe gives more constant ignition to primer mass,but also changing firing pins strike force gives different vibration to barrel (shot from shot).

We are talking so small differences when measuring group sizes with different systems and thats why there are many opinions which is better.

Good gunsmith needs "watchmakers attitude".Too many of them dont have "professional pride" to make things perfect.

Ofcourse money talks thisway that if it needs 100 hours to get things perfect , working costs are 3000 USD/EUR or so.

Thats why on CFBR side we see more and more text on equipment list (gunsmith column) "SELF".

I admire old Valmet RF gunsmiths on 50s & 60s.They made PAS ignitions,handlapped barrels perfect etc.They have REAL professional pride.

I put picture of Valmet RF test target from year 1963.

BR, Timo

View attachment 1410

Friend Timo:

I highlighted one of your sentences...

You're correct about the small differences, as today we're dealing with the last few crumbs on the rimfire accuracy table...

Years ago I developed a way to measure rimfire ignition uniformity.....my 10 round case head penetration tests.

So there's no need for "opinions" about the matter of rimfire ignition uniformity, when we have factual evidence on the subject.

About your sentence I highlighted:

Those "opinions" come from folks who have not taken the time to scientifically test the various ignition systems.

Timo, running my case head penetration tests is work and very time consuming.

But, it would be impossible for anyone to seriously run these tests on the various ignition systems, and not be able to see the uniformity difference between MD-PAS ignition and ANY of the SAP ignition systems.

So, there's really no place for those "opinions", since there's a scientific way to determine rimfire ignition uniformity.

I've said this before:

If any of our SAP ignition RFBR action makers ever take the time to run my 10 round case head penetration tests on their SAP ignition verses a well blueprinted MD-PAS ignition, they will immediately cease production of their SAP ignition, and start work on changing to MD-PAS ignition.

Your friend, BC

Last edited:
Hi Bill!

Every gunsmiths dont have "full service" or customers dont have not money to pay from "full service".

Full service must include many test shooting and it needs also "professional pride" from smith.

Everybody knows that if you dont have RF which gives 2 x 10 shots groups 0,15"-0,19 " C to C to 50 meter you cant wait TOP success.
With best lots.

This accuracy needs lot of work from smith and money from customer.

Now in RFBR too much there is shooting RF ,not the person (especially inside).Outside person & wind reading equipments & skills are much more important and it is possible to win with little less accuracy.

Where we can find gunsmiths who said that you can order READY RF WITH xxxx DOLLARS / EUR and he guarantee accuracy 0,15-0,19" C to C to 50 m???? 2 x 10 shot groups etc.

We order irons from Anthony DiOrg to 1 RF and it is inside this criterion.I dont know are they all?

Gunsmith Jan Stenroos here has made 2 and they both are also inside this criterion.

Mr Tapani Nousiainen has also shown with his own made Sporter that it is inside this criterion

BR, Timo

Hi TKH & others!

"Mr. Calfee tells his clients not to pay for the rifle until they are happy with it. He gives no time limit. That is the most generous guarantee I've ever heard of."

Bill has "full RF gunsmith service" but it is sad that he dont make RFs to "masses".And this that there is only one BC in the world.

I think that it is VERY IMPORTANT thing to get more shooters to RFBR game is that people can such easy get "winning rifles".

If not,people can change to golf or other hobbies.

On CFBR consept is little easier.You buy 6-10 Bartlein barrels to season.Choice best gunsmith you know and chambered those 6-10 barrels with same specs.Shoot those and put 2 best waiting big competitions and sell 3-6 so so barrels to hunting guys.

Need more money to make same thing on RFBR.Squirrel shooters pay maybe only 25 % of those so/so barrels.

To find competative ammo to every season needs 1-3 visit / year to RF ammo factory or ammo test shooting place.

Ofcourse there are many moving parts when keeping accuracy on,but we need "winning rifles" to masses to grow this sport.

BR, Timo

Friend TKH

If there in a single key to successfully shooting rimfire, it has to be preparation. Anyone can do it, it just depends on how much effort you are willing to invest.

Make no mistake, preparation will not always guarantee success, but failure to prepare will nearly always guarantee failure.

TKH

Friend TKH:

Tony, you've won more "Big Nationals" than any other RFBR shooter on record.

Seven PSL's alone.

Your "key" to success, in your above quote, is 100% spot on.

Your friend, BC

Back
Top Bottom