Still totally confused

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Still totally confused

CYA friends:

I invented the muzzle device almost 30 years ago.

I got my muzzle device written up in Precision Shooting Magazine back in 1994'.

From the first day I discovered exactly how a MD works, until today almost 30 years later, nothing has changed.

A MD is used to stop the muzzle of a gun barrel, when fired.

Once the muzzle is stopped, the MD has no further function.

Nothing has changed in almost 30 years now, and nothing ever will.

The reason I've brought this subject up, is because I got to looking at the picture of TD JUNIOR that I posted on another thread yesterday.

The muzzle on TD JUNIOR is stopped.

There is no way to adjust the MD on TD JUNIOR, which is fine, as it will never need to be adjusted, since the MD is calibrated to stop the muzzle.

Still totally confused...

I just read a long thread, on another site, about how to use a "tuner".....

It's amazing, after almost 30 years now, that so many folks still have such little understanding about what a MD is, and how it enhances accuracy.

Your friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

After almost 30 years now, and still so much confusion about what a MD is.

How do some of these Sportas, like TD JUNIOR, shoot like they do without an adjustable MD?

They shoot like they do because their muzzles are stopped.

That's all the weight out in front of that muzzle does...........no adjustments needed once the muzzle is stopped.

DSC04622.jpg

The best example of what a MD, when properly used, is for, has to be the story of Wiley and Janet Westfall.

I built them a rifle, set the MD and shipped it to them.

They used that rifle for 10 years, winning no telling how many National Championships, and set several world records with no telling how many different lots of ammo, during those ten years.

The barrel finally laid down, and I agreed to re-barrel it.

When I got the rifle there was a piece of yellowed duct tape around the MD, blocking the setting readings.

I couldn't get the MD off by loosening the clamp screws....I had to make a tool to slide over the barrel to drive the MD off...

The aluminum MD has oxidized to the barrel.

I called Wiley and asked him when was the last time he had the the MD off the barrel.

He said, "Bill, I've never had the MD off since you sent it to me ten years ago, and I've not moved the adjustment a single click from where you had it, that's why I put the duct tape on the MD, to keep it from being accidentally turned."

That's the way a MD works once it's properly weighted and adjusted to stop the muzzle......bc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom