Thread: Today is the day

Today is the day

Today is the day. How do you think it will go? You still thinking 580? Todd

Friend TE

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Earhart View Post

Friend TE:

Based on what happened at the Unlimited IR matches yesterday, 580 is way, way too high.

Your friend, BC

PS:

If things don't pick up from yesterday, a low 500 will win it......

Some thoughts.....

Some thoughts....

First of all, kudos to everyone who's competing at this inaugural IR-50 10-SHOT National Championship.

10-SHOT is bad.......there was no question of this the first time I read the rules...

But, we may find out today that it's even badder than we thought at first.

My prediction of 580 was based pretty much on what Tony "TDX" Harper did at the Virginia State earlier in the month...

But Tony was all alone at that State match.....

So I might should have based my prediction on the field, not Tony's amazing performance.

It's going to be interesting......

Someone may step up and pull a Tony Harper on the field today.

Your friend, BC

PS: I have to wonder if some of the folks were spearmentin' yesterday at the Unlimiteds...?
    Last edited by Bill Calfee; 02-18-2018 at 09:18 PM.

Close

Just a bit better than 580. You was close. Dang good score and will be tough to beat. Todd

Friend TE

Just a bit better than 580. You was close. Dang good score and will be tough to beat. Todd

Friend TE:

I'm getting pretty good at handicapping this 10-SHOT game, if I say so myself......actually it's pretty easy..

Tony "TDX" Harper beat my 360 prediction by 6 points, and Chuck "Deuces Wild" Morrell beat my 580 prediction, for the National, by 8 points...

Although............

When I was talking to Chuck as he was driving home from the 10-SHOT National, he was sure let down that he didn't beat 600.

I believe you are right......that 588 of Chucks is going to be most difficult to beat...

And that 366 of Tony's may be even harder to beat....

I will say one thing that I believe for absolute certainty......

If either of those two 10-SHOT world records are ever bettered, it will be accomplished with a gun using MD-PAS ignition.

Friend TE, one of the main reasons I like 10-SHOT so much, is that it highlights the beautiful consistency of MD-PAS ignition.

X's, especially "wipe-out" X's, require absolute uniformity of ignition.....

We all use basically the same barrels, stocks, bullets, scopes, rests and all the other components that make up a RFBR gun..........

But we don't all use the same actions.......

Actions that produce the absolute best uniformity of ignition, are the catalyst that cause the other components to produce the most "wipe-out" X's.

And the actions that produce the absolute best uniformity of ignition, use MD-PAS ignition.

Your friend, BC
    Last edited by Bill Calfee; 02-20-2018 at 02:12 PM.