Big deal a brewing.............

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Big deal a brewing.............

CYA friends:

Do I smell a big deal a brewing at the 2018, IR-50 10-Shot Indoor Nationals, at Piney Hill, the 18th of the month.........

I mean, Tony "TDX" Harper, shooting Lapua, lapped the field at the 2018, Virginia State 10-SHOT, at Piney Hill, a couple weeks ago.....

And yesterday the ole Hawk, Mr. Eley, won the 2018, Louisiana State ARA Championship by besting a big crowd of double killer shooters.

I don't know, for sure, whether the ole Hawk will be attending the 10-SHOT Nationals the 18th at Piny Hill, or not.

But can you imagine CYA friends, Tony Harper and Tim Miller, best CYankee buddies, and I mean double best CYankee buddies, sitting down side-by-side at Piney Hill the 18th, one shooting Lapua and one shooting Eley................

Big deal a brewing!!!

Man, what's you talking bout....

CYA friends, Tim and Tony are the embodiment of what Big Time RFBR is all about.

When they attend the same National together, they are the biggest drawing card in the game.

Oh my, can you imagine if they do get together at Piney Hill......

Your friend, Bill Calfee

Last edited:
Not so fast....................

Not so fast....................

CYA friends:

There's some other cats, and kittens maybe, who're going to have a say in things at Piney Hill...

There's a bunch of folks who simply ain't going to allow Tony "TDX" Harper to lap the field again.

And they most certainly ain't going to let him set the 10-SHOT Nationals World Record, that's for dang sure.

And they're going to take his single card 10-SHOT World Record from him, at all cost.

Course, I've known TKH for a lot of years now, and I ain't seen him roll over yet....

I'm telling you......it's going to be an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object at Piney Hill Sunday.

CYA friends, this first 10-SHOT National will be the most important National event since the first PSL back in 2009.

10-SHOT allows us to shoot for score, and replicate as close to possible the difficulty and relevance of group shooting.

I was talking to Chuck Morrell a few days ago...

He was shooting some 10-SHOT cards in prep for the Nationals....

At some point he said, "Mr. C, you've got to change your mindset for this 10-SHOT game..."

"If you fire a shot, then look through the scope and see an X, normally you're thrilled, but in this 10-SHOT game when you see that X, if you see even a smidgen of that dot left your heart sinks, cause you just lost two points....."

"And if you look through your scope and see an IR-50 10, even a deep IR-50 10, you're dead, cause you get nothing.....zero!"

I then said, "Chuck, 10-SHOT is like group shooting, it's all or nothing."

I can't wait.......man I'm cited CYA friends.

Your friend, BC

CYA friends:

I believe that will win it this Sunday at Piney Hill.

Also, I believe Tony "TDX" Harper's 128 single card World Record will stand.

Think about something....

Say someone kicks out a 23 X card, which could very well happen....

And let's say that 16 of those X's are wipe out 6's.....

And the other 7 are X 4's...........

That totals 124......

That's an awfully stout card..........16 wipe outs...........out of 23 X's.........yes that's stout...but not a new record.

BC.......it's sunny, about 42 degrees, so it's range time for me and my spearment...........

Last edited:
Friend Bill,

Here's the wild card in the 10-shot game. 23 x target, 15 are wipeouts, 6 are 4 pointers and 2 are 10-shots for a score of 134. Anything is possible. Thanks for your support.

Your friend,
Wayne

Friend Wayne W

Friend Bill,

Here's the wild card in the 10-shot game. 23 x target, 15 are wipeouts, 6 are 4 pointers and 2 are 10-shots for a score of 134. Anything is possible. Thanks for your support.

Your friend,
Wayne

Friend Wayne W:

You've created the most modern and challenging RFBR discipline since Dan Killough gave us the PSL in 2009.

I can't wait till the 18th at Piney Hill......man I'm so cited, like I haven't been since 2009.

Thank you.

Your friend, BC

Friend Wayne W

Friend Bill,

Your friend,
Wayne

Friend Wayne W:

I've been cross grading every killer target I can find to see how they score for 10-SHOT...

What's kinda blew my mind is that I've cross graded three certified ARA 2500's, and the highest scored 104 graded 10-SHOT.

And the most surprising, was when I cross graded Mike Mullins's ARA world Record 2500, which scored only 100....

The most outstanding 2500 I've ever seen was the Gary Grove 2500, which was fired at Borden, and which Susanne Coburn and I graded.

That 2500 was so perfect, that the only writing on the target was the placing of 2500 in the score box....plus signing of the target by us officials.

Every dot was touched.....

I have a picture of the Grove 2500 target somewhere, and as soon as I can locate it, I'll cross grade it just out of curiosity.

Here may be the highest 10-Shot target I've cross graded.....

It is a 2450 PSL, and cross grades 132.......

But, I'll bet almost anything that bull 14 will grade a 10......and if so would make this target a 136....

Man I can't wait till Sunday........

Your friend, BC

I'll bet almost anything that bull 14 will grade a 10........

And if so will make this target grade 136...

By the way, this test target was from 2009, with Eley black box...

Bull #3 is close, but it is just left of center slightly...

PSL%20Shaker....jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom