DiOrio aluminum straight line....rumors

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
DiOrio aluminum straight line....rumors

CYA friends:

I've had several folks wanting info about these DiOrio aluminum straight lines...

All I know is second hand....

Here's what I think I've heard........I think.......everything I type may be out 100%......

Price..... I've heard $900.00 bedded..............exactly what does bedded mean? I don't know....

Will DiOrio sell just the stock only?........

As I understand it, the two CYankees bought the first stock with a bedded V-1 action, combination....stock and action.

But, as I think I understand it, they bought a second stock only......just the stock..

Will an older V-1 or an E-Turbo drop in?

If the stock is bedded for the latest V-1, the answer is no......as I understand it..

But, one of the CYankees dropped in an early V-1 into his stock that was bedded for the late V-1, and the thing is killing it.

Although, this CYankee did say the bedding fit is not correct for his early V-1.....( and it's still killing it.....wonder how the thing's going to do when he gets the bedding correct for his early V-1.....??????)

Is the stock going to be available for other actions?.........I have absolutely no idea, nor did the CYankee that called a couple days ago.

As I understand it, the TURBO logo is machined into the butt of the stock.......as I understand it......

But, as I understand it, Anthony will machine what you want.......like BLACK DEATH, for instance...or Raging Inferno....etc.

For me personally, seeing what Black Death does in one will be the make-or-break factor as to me trying to obtain one.

And I don't need one......( I keep telling myself that about twice an hour)

Nothing I've posted may be the way things are, in reality...

Your friend, BC

DSC08842%20-%20Copy.jpg

Bill,

That's a good looking stock no doubt. But I've never really been a first adopter of anything. I recall someone at Livonia having an aluminum stock that he had made. Best I recall the vibration was an issue. He never really did much with it. At the same time I know Anschutz offers Aluminum stocks on some rifles and they're probably not trying to reduce accuracy.

As much excitement as I've seen over this stock, if they're not made for other actions, someone needs to do it. They will sell.

WS

It looks like a real piece of work. I expect it's results after testing to be good. If you subtract the cost of having a stock bedded from the 900.00 price, it's not out of line of other stock cost.

We have had several issues with carbon stocks, because of lack of vibrations absorption.
Could an aluminum one not having such issues?

Friends Wally, TE and Pedro

Bill,

That's a good looking stock no doubt. But I've never really been a first adopter of anything. I recall someone at Livonia having an aluminum stock that he had made. Best I recall the vibration was an issue. He never really did much with it. At the same time I know Anschutz offers Aluminum stocks on some rifles and they're probably not trying to reduce accuracy.

As much excitement as I've seen over this stock, if they're not made for other actions, someone needs to do it. They will sell.

WS

Friends Wally, TE and Pedro:

My decision on trying to obtain one will be based on what Black Death does in one.

When I talked to the CYankee a couple of days ago, I asked him to run a simple vibration test on his.....and he said he most certainly will.

If Big Dog puts Black Death in one of them things, and he determines it shoots better, I'll have to have one....

If Big Dog determines Death doesn't shoot any better, I'll pass.

Your friend, BC

These stocks look so kool.......but....

These stocks look so kool.......but....

CYA friends:

I originally started a post about these DiOrio aluminum straight lines because they looked so kool....

And, there's a couple of CYankees testing them.....

And, their results seem, I repeat seem, to be fairly positive...

But............

The school is still out as to whether they are actually better than say the Killough FF straight line, or, even a well bedded, and bedding maintained, dense, hardwood stock like this Jim Peightal straight line I'm fooling with now.....I would be shocked if any type of stock can work better than this Peightal is doing so far.....of course being wood, how long will the bedding remain like it is?

Anyway, I will personally get cited when I see how Black Death reacts in one...

If Black Death is actually more accurate in one, Katie bar the door..........

I've posted this because I understand several folks have already ordered these stocks...

If you have, I hope you aren't disappointed........

I'm personally going to have to wait for the Black Death test.....

Them things are so kool, though......there's no question bout that......but we just don't know, yet.....

Your friend, BC

CYA friends, I'd find it hard to believe that I could get better accuracy with any other stock material than I currently am with this Peightal straight line.......

But, it's wood......so how long will it maintain the current accuracy....?

I'll say one thing.....this thing is flint hard....which has got to help maintain the bedding....

DSC08743.jpg

There's no question bout it, these things are so kool.........but.....we just don't know if they're better, yet...

DSC08842%20-%20Copy%202%20-%20Copy.jpg

Last edited:

CYA friends, I'd find it hard to believe that I could get better accuracy with any other stock material than I currently am with this Peightal straight line.......

But, it's wood......so how long will it maintain the current accuracy....?

I'll say one thing.....this thing is flint hard....which has got to help maintain the bedding....

Bill,

There's the elephant in the room to me. When I started this game, wood was a no-no because of warping and not maintaining the bedding. Fiberglass then composite was the way to go. That's what I started with and pretty much have stayed with but wood seems to be the way to go now. I think it's because it's pretty. The only type of wood stock I would consider is multi layered laminate with good laminated wood such as Rutland but I think that plant burned down. Now that's my comment on wood but not on Aluminum stocks because other high level shooters are using them and I think the jury is still out on this one.

WS

Last edited:
Friend Wally

Bill,

There's the elephant in the room to me. When I started this game, wood was a no-no because of warping and not maintaining the bedding. Fiberglass then composite was the way to go. That's what I started with and pretty much have stayed with but wood seems to be the way to go now. I think it's because it's pretty. The only type of wood stock I would consider is multi layered laminate with good laminated wood such as Rutland but I think that plant burned down. Now that's my comment on wood but not on Aluminum stocks because other high level shooters are using them and I think the jury is still out on this one.

WS

Friend Wally:

How the aluminum verses composite verses wood shakes out is still up for grabs...

But Wally, the world of "true rimfire accuracy" is going to change at Piney Hill this Sunday...

The 2018, IR-50 10-SHOT Nationals is going to re-set the rimfire accuracy standards, as we now know them.

Wally, you and I have been in this thing since it started back in 89'...

This IR-50 10-SHOT discipline is what I've dreamed about for these past 30 years..

I'm so cited......I can't wait till this Sunday...

Your friend, BC

Will anyone upstage TKH?

Will anyone upstage TKH?

CYA friends:

At Piney Hill the 18th, the most important RFBR National since Dan Killough's first PSL back in 2009 will take place...

The 2018, IR-50 10-shot Nationals.

Can anyone up-stage Tony "TDX" Harper at the most important RFBR National since 2009?

If you can, bring it...

Oh by the way, there's some folks who plan on bringing it......I talked to a couple today...they ain't going to allow TKH to lap the field again, like he did at the Virginia State 10-SHOT a couple weeks ago...

Your friend, BC .......man I'm cited...

Tony%20Harper.....%20-%20Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Is that picture real?

Is that picture real?

CYA friends:

I had a call from someone wanting to know if this picture of Tony is real....

Of course it's real.......cough cough...

You know, that thing does look kool sitting there....

Is there something to them?

It looks like we're going to find out before long...

Your friend, BC

Tony%20Harper.....%20-%20Copy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom