Is 360 really possible?

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Is 360 really possible?

CYA friends:

This IR-50 10-SHOT is the most exciting thing that's happened in big time RFBR, for serious shooters, since Dan Killough introduced the PSL.

The PSL is not for everyone...

And 10-SHOT won't be for everyone...

But for serious seekers of rimfire accuracy, and the challenge of it, this new 10-SHOT is citing.

I posted that old picture of the Muller 4-MI that I put on Raging Inferno, which Chuck Morrell subsequently kicked out what is probably the most amazing feat in the history of rimfire accuracy shooting, his 12,050 PSL record, on another thread yesterday.

As I looked at that old picture, I got to thinking:

What score for this new 10-SHOT discipline, assuming the 10-SHOT National Championship consist of 5 targets, like the PSL, would it take to compare to Chuck's PSL 12,050?

A five card 10-SHOT National would, of course, have a total 1250 point possibility.

Which means, that it would take a 10-SHOT score of about 1200, percentage wise, to duplicate Chuck's PSL 12,050 score.

That would require someone to kick out five 10-SHOT cards of 240......which is impossible.....

Therefore, realistically, a 10-SHOT comparison probably needs to be based, sans 10's.........

Assuming a realistic, 150 10-SHOT score per card, equals for 5 cards, a total possible score of 750.

As a percentage, compared to Chuck's PSL 12,050, would require a 10-SHOT score of about 720.

This means that for someone to kick out a 5 card 10-SHOT National score comparable to Chuck's PSL 12,500.....

Now get this:

They'd have to average about 144 per card...........

This gives one an idea of just how unbelievable that 12,050 PSL record is.....it will never be broken.

CYA friends, I ain't been this cited in years.......man!

The entire RFBR world will have it's eyes on Piney Hill this Sunday.

Your cited friend, BC

Last edited:
Is 360 really possible?

CYA friends:

This IR-50 10-SHOT is the most exciting thing that's happened in big time RFBR, for serious shooters, since Dan Killough introduced the PSL.

The PSL is not for everyone...

And 10-SHOT won't be for everyone...

But for serious seekers of rimfire accuracy, and the challenge of it, this new 10-SHOT is citing.

I posted that old picture of the Muller 4-MI that I put on Raging Inferno, which Chuck Morrell subsequently kicked out what is probably the most amazing feat in the history of rimfire accuracy shooting, his 12,050 PSL record, on another thread yesterday.

As I looked at that old picture, I got to thinking:

What score for this new 10-SHOT discipline, assuming the 10-SHOT National Championship consist of 5 targets, like the PSL, would it take to compare to Chuck's PSL 12,050?

A five card 10-SHOT National would, of course, have a total 1250 point possibility.

Which means, that it would take a 10-SHOT score of about 1200, percentage wise, to duplicate Chuck's PSL 12,050 score.

That would require someone to kick out five 10-SHOT cards of 240......which is impossible.....

Therefore, realistically, a 10-SHOT comparison probably needs to be based, sans 10's.........

Assuming a realistic, 150 10-SHOT score per card, equals for 5 cards, a total possible score of 750.

As a percentage, compared to Chuck's PSL 12,050, would require a 10-SHOT score of about 720.

This means that for someone to kick out a 5 card 10-SHOT National score comparable to Chuck's PSL 12,500.....

Now get this:

They'd have to average about 144 per card...........

This gives one an idea of just how unbelievable that 12,050 PSL record is.....it will never be broken.

CYA friends, I ain't been this cited in years.......man!

The entire RFBR world will have it's eyes on Piney Hill this Sunday.

Your cited friend, BC

Howdy Bill,
This will definitely be interesting.

Take care,

Greg

Friend 404tbang

Howdy Bill,
This will definitely be interesting.

Take care,

Greg

Friend 404tbang:

Yes it's most certainly going to be interesting.....

I got to thinking last evening while laying in bed.....

I stated in my post above, that it would take a target average of 144, for five cards, in this new 10-SHOT discipline to equal the accuracy standard Chuck "Raging Inferno" Morrell set with his amazing PSL 12,050 record.

That 144 figure can't be right...

( Note, in thinking about this comparison, it's without any 10's in the formula for the 10-SHOT score..)

Here's the difference, and why 144 is too high:

In the PSL, a wipe out is graded an X........but, the PSL X gives no numerical addition to the score......PSL X's are only used to break ties.

In 10-SHOT, a wipe out X gives a higher numerical score than an X that just touches the dot....

So, this will take some more figuring to make a valid comparison as to what 10-SHOT score would equal the pure accuracy demonstrated by the Inferno's PSL 12,050...

Finally......I'll be most surprised if anyone produces a 360 this Sunday at Piney Hill....

But, I've got my fingers crossed that someone does...

Your friend, BC

Back
Top Bottom