The spearment

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
The spearment

CYA friends:

This spearment is not for sale....

I'm posting this because I've had multiple correspondence with offers to buy it...

And one of the offers was tempting.......as a matter of fact, I'm probably a fool for not taking it...

But, this spearment is not for sale.....I need money like anyone.....but, I crave knowledge more, much more......

I'm learning with this spearment....

I'll be quite frank:

After what Robert Oates did at the Barn in 7 minutes........

(I'm posting a picture of his PSL target again)

And after me getting to shoot it yesterday........

I've got to play this thing out.....

This may be the absolute most accurate rimfire shooting contraption, in the history of rimfire accuracy shooting.

So CYA friends, I've got to know it all........

I've got to see for myself just how good this thing is.

So, it is not for sale.

Your friend, BC

PS:

If you haven't studied this target, and you're interested in rimfire accuracy, please do so.

Yes, there is an oddity in the middle row...

But, look at the flatness, and the horizontal dispersion, or the lack of it........amazing....simply amazing.

And Robert Oates kicked this target out in 7 minutes, with a part of a box of Lapua, that a friend handed him...

That middle row oddity could have been from Robert kicking them out so fast.....or maybe not...

CYA friends, I do know this:

After I got to shoot this thing, something is working, and that something is working maybe better than anything I've ever seen in my RFBR schmidt career......

So it isn't for sale, cause I've got to know the limits of this thing......bc

Please study this PSL card closely.....I've got to know the limits of this thing.........

DSC08746.jpg

Last edited:
Muzzle Device

Hi Bill
Was the Device setting the same when you got the spearment back?
I recorded the setting when received but didn't check it when I gave it back to JP.
Thanks
Robert Oates

Friend RO

Hi Bill
Was the Device setting the same when you got the spearment back?
I recorded the setting when received but didn't check it when I gave it back to JP.
Thanks
Robert Oates

Friend RO:

You've brought up an interesting subject....

This Muller, non trick, 4-MI on the spearment is a .900" x 26"......probably closer to 26 1/4" and is about .910" in diameter.

Since I had no chance to test it before sending it to you, I set the MD at the same location that all CYankee schmidts use for a 9 x 24.

And yes, it was still set at that same location.

I meant to ask you if you fooled with the MD any......

If you did, it's obvious you wound up back at the original setting...

Robert, there's so much misinformation about muzzle devices floating around some of these internet sites.

All a MD is used for, is to stop the muzzle, one time.....

Once the muzzle is stopped, the MD has no other function.

An aside:

I had a call from Fred Sears on my answering machine yesterday..

He said he sure hated to miss the opportunity to shoot the spearment...

Course we still wouldn't have had any ammo.......

Thank you again for fooling with it....

Your friend, BC

SHOT AS SENT

Hi Bill
It was tested and fired on your original setting.
Bill you where under a lot of time pressure to complete this project in a few days. Its unbelievable you built, bed, sealed stock, fired 6 rounds in a bucket and set the MD.
Thanks again for the opportunity.
Robert Oates

Friend RO

Hi Bill
It was tested and fired on your original setting.
Bill you where under a lot of time pressure to complete this project in a few days. Its unbelievable you built, bed, sealed stock, fired 6 rounds in a bucket and set the MD.
Thanks again for the opportunity.
Robert Oates

Friend RO:

When I tested the spearment after Jeff Patterson brought it back I looked at the setting.....as saw it was the same as when I sent it to you.

And I never moved it again..

And I suspect it will never be moved again.....because it's for sure the muzzle is stopped on this thing.

By the way, wouldn't it have been nice to have had a couple bricks of that Lapua that a friend gave you, and you and Fred both have shot it...

Your friend, BC

Back
Top Bottom