For my Aussie friends, a question...

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
For my Aussie friends, a question...

Aussie friends:

Mary Stark called today and said she's thinking about possibly making a trip to your beautiful country next year.

Then she asked what would be involved if she brought her XP with her, and competed at a match in your beautiful country...

I said I didn't know what would be involved...

By the way, a Calfee XP bench pistol is in reality classified as a long gun, since it meets long gun requirements by the ATF.

So my Aussie friends, do any of you know what Mary would have to go through, to be able to shoot her XP at one of your matches?

She's very serious.....

But, there is a limit as to what one would go through.....to be able to do this...

Thank you in advance....

Your friend, BC

A girl with a pistol........

Mary%20Stark%20at%20Livonia.jpg

Mary%20Stark%20at%20Livonia.jpg%20number%202_1.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Bill and Mary

Mary would be welcomed here, bringing a rifle is possible as we all do it all over the world to go to events but it does take a lot of time and paperwork. I am sure if we get details of where in Oz she is headed and when, we can then work out what competitions that are on and also organise loan gear accordingly and the she can just enjoy the place without the hassle of importing and exporting her XP...

Friend Bill Collaros

Mary would be welcomed here, bringing a rifle is possible as we all do it all over the world to go to events but it does take a lot of time and paperwork. I am sure if we get details of where in Oz she is headed and when, we can then work out what competitions that are on and also organise loan gear accordingly and the she can just enjoy the place without the hassle of importing and exporting her XP...

Friend Bill Collaros:

Thank you.

Her trip to Australia is for sightseeing......

She knows how involved you folks are with RFBR, so she was thinking it would be so kool to compete with you folks...

But where she will be and at what time of the year, is still up in the air.

Bill, it's kind of a long shot dream....

I do know this, that girl is determined.....if she does decide to go to the effort, she will be shooting her XP.

I'll tell you something......if you and Torana, and some of our other Aussie friends, could sit down with her XP, just one time, you'd throw them rifles away.

There's nothing that will hook a feller, or gal, faster than one of those XP's...

They're the absolute easiest RFBR guns to sell, in the entire world.

All one has to do, is have a prospective buyer shoot one.....it's sold.

Thanks again for your information.

Your friend, BC

PS:

It's pretty hard to ever shoot an XP and not get the hankering for one.

I've had folks ask, how can that thing be accurate shooting off of a bi-pod?

Bill, one of the hidden little secrets about RFBR, is shooting off of a bi-pod.

Shooting off of a bi-pod is not a liability, it's an asset.

I'll bet anyone, that 50% of the RFBR shooters shooting off of rests today, would increase their scores if they went to a bi-pod.

The orientation of the gun never changes, and the finest, initial recoil retardation system, in the world, is the weight of the gun on those two legs.

One of the magics of the XP's, is the fact that they are shot off of a bi-pod.

Mary%20at%20Livonia.jpg

Last edited:
Shooting from a bi-pod...

Hummm...

Lateral is easy to follow, but on vertical what type of adjustment they have?

Friend PedroS

Hummm...

Lateral is easy to follow, but on vertical what type of adjustment they have?

Friend PedroS:

The vertical is adjusted by squeezing the sand bag under the pistol grip.

I'm the original bi-pod kid....

Throughout my shooting career I shot nothing but XP's on bi-pods.......from 1990 till about 2007 or so.

When contemporary RFBR started with BR-50 in 1989 there was a weight handicap system.

The lighter the gun the more handicap one received....

I had been producing XP's for IHMSA Silhouette shooting so I decided to see if I could produce a bench pistol that was competitive.

Also keep in mind, the bi-pod had to be weighed as part of the gun, rifle or pistol....

So I tried every way possible, all kinds of rests, to get my first XP bench pistol to perform..

And the center grip configuration, using a bi-pod, shot by far the most accurately.

I stated that I believe at least 50% of the RFBR shooters today could kick out higher scores with a bi-pod compared to any rest system, is probably an understatement.....

It's probably more like 75% of the shooters could actually do better with a bi-pod, as opposed to some sort of rests.

Rifles or pistols.....

I will never competed again, but if I did, it would be with a pistol......but, IF for some reason I was forced to shoot a rifle, it would be off of a bi-pod too........

The bi-pod provides the absolute best initial retardation system in the world.....

And it's impossible for the orientation of the gun to the target to change.....

Your friend, BC

DSC08488.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom