I'm bored..........

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
I'm bored..........

CYA friends:

I'm bored.........

We ain't advancing rimfire accuracy anymore.

First of all, my days of advancing rimfire accuracy are pretty much over.....I want to make that plain up front...

But no one else has taken up the banner.......

No one is doing anything to advance rimfire accuracy any longer....

Everyone is simply running in place...

Example, has Lapua advanced, or, is Eley simply backing up?

The answer.............Eley is simply backing up....and so far Eley is doing nothing to change things.....nothing.

Look at the scores......

Eley has backed up so bad, that Lapua is simply filling the accuracy void that has been created by Eley.

Lapua ain't kicking out better scores than was kicked out with the "good" Eley..

Eley simply has lost the ability to produce "Big National" winning ammo...

And actions:

Man, you don't want to get me started on actions.......

The makers of the actions necessary to actually advance rimfire accuracy, don't give a rat's hind end......

So we're stuck in neutral.......we ain't doing nothing with RFBR accuracy actions now.......there's absolutely no way to advance rimfire accuracy with the RFBR actions currently available for the masses.......

The one "possible" bright spot in the advancement of rimfire accuracy is barrels...

There's some folks that are at least trying to advance rimfire accuracy, as it relates to barrels...

CYA friends, I'm bored..........

And I'm bored at a time in my life that I can't lead the charge to do anything about it....

Somebody will win the upcoming PSL and ARA Indoor Nationals at the barn in less that two weeks..

But there's one thing for sure......

They ain't going to set no records in doing it......

I'm bored...

Your friend, BC

Last edited:
Friend Bill,

I think it is time to start another pistol. Should be the perfect fix for boredom for all of us as we follow your progress.

Best,

Steve

Friend PedroS

Have we reached the pinacle?

Friend PedroS:

No....

The problem is, the only segment of advancing rimfire accuracy that's not backing up today, are a couple of our dedicated barrel makers.

Shilen is trying to maintain their stature as one of the two "KINGS" of rimfire accuracy barrels, with the new Wilkinson version of the ratchet.

And the other King, Dan Muller, may be on to the greatest advancement in buttoned rifled barrel making history, with his Accu-Twist process.

Other than that, everything else is backing up....

Your friend, BC

Friend AZ_Speed

Friend Bill,

I think it is time to start another pistol. Should be the perfect fix for boredom for all of us as we follow your progress.

Best,

Steve

Friend AZ_Speed:

You know, you're exactly right.

For some reason the number 15 has a nice ring to it.

Your friend, BC

PS:

Friend AZ.........like you've always said, "You've gotta have Faith"

Some thoughts

With regards the actions
You see this with other competitive sports, I am thinking of motor sport historically but relates to this situation as well.
People have a passion for something and do everything in their capability to improve things.
The situation grows and it turns into a business and with their competitive passion they thrive.

After time they lose the drive and passion and it just becomes a business which means profit/loss becomes the driver.
They then don't innovate and develop as they don't have to because everyone else is in the same position as themselves.

It would continue like this until a new thing comes along and shakes things up, then there business is at risk and they have to improve things to keep up or their business will die down.

Have you had a look at a european action?
I am thinking of a Walther KK500, it has a 3 lug design, left or right loading, 90' surface for firing pin engagement, 6 O'clock firing pin position, nice adjustable trigger.

Something like this action coming onto the scene and doing well might be what is needed to shake things up.

Graham

Friend Deveng

Some thoughts

With regards the actions
You see this with other competitive sports, I am thinking of motor sport historically but relates to this situation as well.
People have a passion for something and do everything in their capability to improve things.
The situation grows and it turns into a business and with their competitive passion they thrive.

After time they lose the drive and passion and it just becomes a business which means profit/loss becomes the driver.
They then don't innovate and develop as they don't have to because everyone else is in the same position as themselves.

It would continue like this until a new thing comes along and shakes things up, then there business is at risk and they have to improve things to keep up or their business will die down.

Have you had a look at a european action?
I am thinking of a Walther KK500, it has a 3 lug design, left or right loading, 90' surface for firing pin engagement, 6 O'clock firing pin position, nice adjustable trigger.

Something like this action coming onto the scene and doing well might be what is needed to shake things up.

Graham

Friend Deveng:

I looked at the specs for the KK500...

It's probably a killer action for smallbore position shooting.

Here are four lines of specs' from the Walther web site.

- 6 o'clock firing pin location for optimum ignition
- Weight-optimized firing pin for minimum action time (lock time)
- Cocking cam optimized for easy bolt closing and locking
- Innovative Menit V4000 surface coating for low-friction movement and smooth bolt action

Friend Deveng, thanks to RFBR, Walther does use the good 6:00 firing pin location.....

But, there are two lines of specs' that worry me.

Line two, that talks about lock time.....which means spring dependent ignition.....

Ultimate rimfire accuracy is produced with momentum dependent ignition.....ie., Turbo class ignition.

And the last line, which talks about surface coating for low-friction.

What we must have, are actions the "schmidts" can mold to fit the needs of their customers.....

Every RFBR action must be blueprinted.......there are no exceptions.

Us schmidts can't blueprint "cased" actions.

So yes, the KK500 is probably a killer position shooting action.

The actions we must have to advance rimfire accuracy have already been designed....

We know exactly what's needed.

The problem is, we can't get anyone to produce them.

Thanks for your post.

Your friend, BC

Back
Top Bottom