Latest news

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Latest news

CYA friends:

I came in a while ago and had a call on my answering machine from Denny Antonious....

Denny related that he's developed a new stock, 8 pounds, with the action floating and the barrel bedded in a barrel block...

Denny said he just shot 74 straight X's on the IR-50 target......in testing.......not 10's, but all x's...

Anyway, Denny, you're most certainly welcome to discuss your new stock/bedding system here on CYA.

CYA is strictly about advancing rimfire accuracy....

Therefore, when someone has developed something that is capable of turning 74 straight IR-50 X's, the folks here at CYA want to know all about it...

Your friend, Bill Calfee

Would be nice to see this 8lb. muzzle device..... maybe the damping demonstrations on YouTube are the
best way to accomplish vibrational stability after all......

GT

I have been experimenting with this device off and on for awhile. It does seem to work to reduce the impulse energy transmitted to the stock, rest, bench and the reflection of such energy back from the bench through the stock. I saw a similar principal design test fixture at the Eley tunnel recently. They both utilize O-rings to suspend the barreled action in the mounting.
Isolator.jpg

CYA friends

CYA friends:

I just had another call from Denny....

I was not in at the time....

Anyway, he said he's sending me some information...

And, if I understood him correctly, he only fired 74 rounds before he ran out of ammo.....

And all were IR-50 X's.....

And, he said there were 12 witnesses.......

Which, I assume, means, that he was at a IR-50 match......

And if so, he's completely shattered the IR-50 record book......

Your friend, Bill Calfee

Last edited:
Man I'm cited..

Man I'm cited..

CYA friends:

I don't know about you, but I'm cited.....

We just had a IR-50 competitor turn 74 X's...............( there ain't but 75 X's possible in three targets)

Talk about mind blowing?

And there were 12 witnesses.......

Man, I hope Denny comes on CYA and gives some details about this unbelievable accomplishment.

CYA friends, CYA is about "serious" rimfire accuracy advancement....

And it don't get no more serious than to have an IR-50 shooter turn 74 X's in three targets....

Course, the targets still have to be officially scored by IR-50....

But good gosh, even if Denny looses a plug, or two, man, it's still the most mind boggling rimfire shooting in IR-50 history....

There ain't nothing even close to Denny's performance in the history of IR-50...

Your cited friend, Bill Calfee

Last edited:
Bill,

Do you know if he used a muzzle device with that? I'm just curious, because it might help but would seem a little redundant. Also, if that became the way to go would we need an action device?

Friend wsmallwood

Bill,

Do you know if he used a muzzle device with that? I'm just curious, because it might help but would seem a little redundant. Also, if that became the way to go would we need an action device?

Friend wsmallwood
:

The only details I have are the two calls from Denny on my answering machine....

He said he was sending me some materials about it....

As soon as I receive it I'll post more......

By the way, if the weather this Saturday at Livonia is like it was this evening, wow........could be one of those Livonia nights like you had when you kicked out those three straight 2400s with Gingersnap.....

Your friend, BC

Additional info....

Additional info....

CYA friends:

It's kind of a bummer......the 74 straight X's were not fired in competition.

CYA friends, CYA is dedicated to "serious" rimfire accuracy advancement, as I've always said...

And to be taken seriously, rimfire advancements of any nature must be proved in "real world" competition at the "Big Nationals".

I can't tell you how many 2500's and 250x25X targets I've fired in testing.......

But, you don't hear about them.......because they were not accomplished in the real world of RFBR competition at the "Big Nationals".

This is one reason I do "real time" movies of my testing......no I'm not at a "big national", but, at least the audience gets to see the shooting in real time.

Denny Antonious is most certainly welcome to post his work here on CYA, and discuss it.....

Or, as soon as his work makes a mark in the real world of big time RFBR competition at the big nationals, I'll help him post it.

Your friend, Bill Calfee

Back
Top Bottom