Little Black Knight

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Little Black Knight

CYA friends:

Been playing with LBK....

Nothing serious, as shooting conditions were no good at the range this evening....

But man this little thing is fun to shoot.....

And it does shoot.....

Someway it will be shot in a Big National one day......

What I most want to do, is to do a "through the scope" movie with LBK.......

Now, will LBK run with the TDX's of the RFBR world?

No................but.............if Tony Harper set his mind to it, and found an ammo match like he has for TDX, and generally "bonded" with LBK, he'd beat a lot of folks......I mean a lot......

CYA friends, I love the 52 Winchester, have since I was a kid exploring the Ohio River with my little 146B Mossburg, and dreaming of owning a 52.....which with my financial situation, I might as well have been dreaming about owning the moon......

But, when I reflect back, I guess I wouldn't trade the adventures I had with my little 146B Mossburg for anything......

But man, I sure dreamed about owning one of those awesome 52 Winchesters.......

Your friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

Anyway, I'm kinda biased when it comes to the 52 Winchester, I know....

But, isn't LBK simply a little baby doll...........bc

LBK%202017%201.jpg

Last edited:
Getting ready to shoot LBK again...

Getting ready to shoot LBK again...

CYA friends:

The conditions last evening were so bad that I couldn't do anything but play....

They're much better today....

So, later on I'm headed back to the range with the intent of shooting a card, while pretending I'm at a Big National.....

20 minutes......

And, I'm going to take some of the 69 black box that LBK seems to like pretty good...

Here's where I'd love to be able to do a "through the scope" movie.......or at least 5 minutes of a card......

Anyway, if someone, back when I was a kid, like my Ohio River buddy Bill Stewart, would have told me, that 55 years into the future I'd build a 52 Winchester and call it "Little Black Knight", and, that I'd get to show it around the world via a new world wide electronic process, there's no way my young mind could have comprehended it.......

It would have been something out of science fiction.......

But, here I is.....................and here is LBK...........

I'll report after I shoot a serious card......good or bad.....

Your friend, Bill Calfee

I still find all of this kinda hard to believe.....

Look at that little momentum dependent firing pin on LKB....just like a Turbo....thank you Flash, you did good...bc

LBK%202017%202.jpg

Last edited:
MD PAS Winchester 52 ignition.

MD PAS Winchester 52 ignition.

CYA friends:

Here's a better picture of LBK's momentum dependent firing pin.

Flash Ebert, because of the Remington pattern trigger, gave momentum dependency to Winchester's PAS ignition system.

It was a case of form following function.....

What's kinda cool about LBK's ignition, is, it uses a vertical interface trigger sear/cocking piece arrangement....( although the interface is between the firing pin body and the trigger sear..)

So now LBK's PAS ignition system is momentum dependent, just like Flash's Turbo....

Your friend, Bill Calfee

LBK%202017%203.jpg

Back
Top Bottom