Bill Calfee

Gun Fool

CYA friends:

I hate to be pessimistic, but, I don't believe we'll ever see Chuck "Raging Inferno" Morrell's all time, PSL 12,050 broken.....

As a matter of fact, I don't think we'll ever seen another 12,000 PSL score....

Why, and where do we lay the blame?

On another subject:

I was admiring the sophisticated scoring system that our Aussie friends used this past week-end.....

And thinking.......

We are benchrest shooters, or were....

I remember years before contemporary RFBR started, 1989 roughly, me, Selby Wright, Randy Hopewell, and others, used to have rimfire benchrest matches, shooting groups, like we did in centerfire benchrest...

We were in love with the 22 rimfire cartridge long before Larry Brown started formal RFBR, as were a lot of other folks.

But to keep from having to have moving backers, for group shooting, Larry Brown organized the current score shooting form of RFBR.

But for me, group shooting is true benchrest shooting.

Therefore, if I had the money to invest in sophisticated equipment, at the level that the Aussie club did, I'd invest that money in moving backers, and get back to true benchrest shooting........groups.

At 50 and 100 yards.......like we used to do before contemporary, for score, RFBR started......

12,050 PSL ever bettered? Don't believe it will ever happen.......

Your friend, Bill Calfee

Still find it hard to believe...

Still find it hard to believe...

CYA friends
:

Right after Chuck kicked out his 12,050 PSL record, I got to congratulate him, and the first thing I said to him, was, that it would take him a long time to fully comprehend what he had just done....

Chuck kinda pushed that aside, for good reason, I mean, he did it once, so it could be done again down the road....

Anyway, the last time I spoke to Chuck I asked him if it had soaked in yet....his 12,050?

He said, "Mr. C, you were right, it still hasn't completely soaked in after all this time."

CYA friends, the thing that keeps me going in Big Time RFBR these days, is the thought of building a gun capable shooting the 2nd 12,000 PSL score.

Your friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

CYA friends, I just posted, a couple days ago, about stopping the muzzle........

So, isn't it kinda interesting, that with all the odd ball tuning theories and ornaments floating around RFBR, that the single greatest rimfire accuracy performance in history, was accomplished with a stopped muzzle gun, using only a basic HH/MD........

That was set only one time during the life of the Muller 4-MI barrel...........bc

Chuck%20Morrell%20-%20Copy%20-%20Copy%20-%20Copy%202%20-%20Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom