Stopped muzzle....

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
Stopped muzzle....

CYA friends:

What does a MD actually do? ( ain't it silly to have to explain this, again, after 25 years now?)

I know, this is silly of me ......but, a MD stops the muzzle.....

A MD is used on a new build, when properly weighted, and, properly positioned ahead of the muzzle, to completely stop the muzzle oscillations of the gun barrel, when fired.....

A MD has no other function.

A MD is set one time, if properly weighted, and, positioned ahead of the muzzle, on a new build, then it is never moved again....

A MD is not used to "tune" a barrel, during conditions..........that is nonsense...

If you find you must change your MD, in conditions, which, unless Tony Harper, or other National Class shooters of Tony's stature, tell me they do, your contraption has issues...

CYA friends, the reason I'm posting this, for no telling how many times over the years, now, is because, there is more abject nonsense around these internet boards about what a MD is actually used for.......

And so many new folks, who believe, "if it's on the internet, it must be true", are having such a terrible time using a MD, properly..

That I felt it my duty to post....

CYA friends, and especially new folks:

A MD is used to stop the muzzle of a gun barrel, one time.............if done correctly.

Thereafter, the MD has no further function...

And it is NEVER moved again........

Your friend, Bill Calfee

PS:

The internet is the most wonderful thing in the world....

The internet is the absolute worst thing in the world.....

Depending on how it's used.....bc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom