This is what we're after

Bill Calfee

Gun Fool
This is what we're after

CYA friends:

I've shown this movie before, but, it is so important that I'm posting it again.

This is what we're striving for in the world of 360 degrees of breech bolt thrust in a rear lock-up, RFBR action.

The winner of the first Triple Crown used a Wilkinson modified, 10-X, triple lug action, that for the most part is a twin to the one pictured in this movie.

And of course the Triple Crown winner's triple lug is PAS ignitioned, as are all TCA's, of course.

CYA friends, why is this subject of whether an action is PAS or SAP ignitioned so important?

It's important because the most uniform, rimfire ignition ever produced, is produced with the momentum dependent, PAS system.

I've described for years now the extensive case head penetration tests I've run on all actions, even added momentum to some SAP ignition systems, and the result is the same:

For whatever reason(s), SAP ignition systems, none of them, will produce 10 round penetration tests that are as uniform as those produced by a properly blueprinted, momentum dependent, PAS system.

Anyone can run these penetration tests and see for yourself.

Tom Wilkinson and I discuss this issue all the time..........Tom is another who runs these penetration tests to establish actual "data" as he's developing his ignition..............

Just today Tom brought up an issue which is quite true, that being the relationship between firing pin travel length and the uniformity of penetration potential.

For years I've used the term, "soft" killer ignition, which is another way of describing this factor......

CYA friends, you know what is kinda fascinating?.............this old, uneducated, Kentucky Hillbilly is the only person I know, who uses actual "data" when making accuracy decisions, such as the evaluation of the PAS/SAP ignition issue.

Tom Wilkinson also uses this data now.............

Finally.

I have a dream, and that dream is this, that every RFBR shooter, someday soon, will be able to purchase a 360 degree, rear lock-up, RFBR action like the one pictured in this little movie..............

Your friend, Bill Calfee

CYA friends, here's some history.........this movie below was made just after I finished my proto triple lug conversion....getting ready to send it to Tom Wilkinson for his production of a hard copy.

This movie below is of the finished Wilkinson hard copy...........

This triple lug business all started on March 26th, just a little over a year ago.......and already Tom Wilkinson has taken one to a National Championship, and now one has won the first ever Triple Crown of rimfire..........

All in a year's time, since the first proto...................

And now everyone is going triple lugging............fascinating.......
..bc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom